Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been getting the Service AH / TC / ABS lights and been researching as much as possible. Even searched here.

Seems as though it's either a loose ground, a bad ABS controller, or a bad EBCM.

My car's NOT under warranty, so I'd like to diagnose as far as I can before I buy replacement parts, especially the EBCM for like $700 or something.

Those of you who have had it, which ground(s) were the culprits? I've done the main (easy) ones in the top of the engine bay, but there are apparently some down nearer the wheels?

Those with the ABS controller, was that an easy fix? As in the silver box caused the problem?

Also, those with the EBCM replaced.... did your driver side window controls still work? I thought one of the tell-tale signs was them not working. In my case, the window controls DO work, so hopefully it's not the EBCM.

Any ideas folks?

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
C5aig said:
So I've been getting the Service AH / TC / ABS lights and been researching as much as possible. Even searched here.

Seems as though it's either a loose ground, a bad ABS controller, or a bad EBCM.

My car's NOT under warranty, so I'd like to diagnose as far as I can before I buy replacement parts, especially the EBCM for like $700 or something.

Those of you who have had it, which ground(s) were the culprits? I've done the main (easy) ones in the top of the engine bay, but there are apparently some down nearer the wheels?

Those with the ABS controller, was that an easy fix? As in the silver box caused the problem?

Also, those with the EBCM replaced.... did your driver side window controls still work? I thought one of the tell-tale signs was them not working. In my case, the window controls DO work, so hopefully it's not the EBCM.

Any ideas folks?
Looks like you and JimU are in the same boat.
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86991

In my case once I could no longer clear the code, and it became a permanent fault. You then have to take it in and get a tech II to read it. Then the dealer had to replace the EBCM module which ties in to the active handling message as well. My drivers door is still hit or miss sometimes the memory works other times not. I had it replced under warranty and I think the part said $500. Not sure if that is retail or not. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
So are you saying that your memory for the seats is hit or miss? Cause I've gotten a "service traction control" once when I was under hard accelleration. The person that owned the car before me had it checked at a dealer and they couldn't duplicate it. Also my memory for the seats doesn't work all the time.

Are these problems related to the same module?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the same problem. The DIC is saying service,abs/ah/tc. . I then took it to the dealer, and they said that my "brains for the bakes went bad". They wanted a total of 1258.00 to fix it . I said maybee next time. I am thinking of buying the EBCM, and doing it myself. Is it hard to to do, where is located at? Mine is an 02 with no warranty as well.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
MY Z06 said:
I have the same problem. The DIC is saying service,abs/ah/tc. . I then took it to the dealer, and they said that my "brains for the bakes went bad". They wanted a total of 1258.00 to fix it . I said maybee next time. I am thinking of buying the EBCM, and doing it myself. Is it hard to to do, where is located at? Mine is an 02 with no warranty as well.
Yeah all of these items ABS/Traction/Active handling are run by the EBCM module according to the dealer. I got a little time out of it before it would not clear by re-setting it, and that's when I had to take it in. You will find it in the engine bay where all of the brake lines come together at a silver junction box. The part with the wires running to it is the module. I did not stand over them so I do not know how hard or easy the job is. My drivers door memory still does not work correctly all of the time even after replacing the module. Oh well small problem. I can live with it.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts

Removal Procedure

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
2. Disconnect the E13CM harness connector.
3. Remove the two insulator nuts.
4. Lift the EBCM/BPMV out of the bracket high enough to
allow clearance to remove the insulator mounting bolt and
the EBCM.
5. Remove the insulator mounting bolt from the EBCM.
6. Remove the four EBCM to BPMV bolts.
7. Separate the EBCM from the BPMV by gently pulling apart
until
separated.
8. Carefully remove the seal.
The seal may by reused if it is not cut or damaged.

Installation Procedure

1. Clean the BPMV seal surface with alcohol using a clean
rag.
2. Install the seal to the BPMV if it is not cut or damaged.
3. Install the EBCM to the BPMV.
4. Tighten the four mounting bolts in the following equence:
- First pass to 27 inch Ibs.
- Second pass to 53 inch Ibs.

Important: If the insulator nut was removed it must be replaced with a new insulator nut.

5. Install the front EBCM insulator mounting bolt. Tighten
the bolt to 10 ft. Ibs.
6. Install the EBCM/BPMV into the bracket.
7. Install the two insulator nuts. Tighten the two insulator
nuts to 89 inch Ibs.
8. Connect the EBCM harness connector. Important: Both
sides of the EBCM harness connector must be engaged
with lever before closing.
9. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position; do NOT start
the engine.
10. Perform the Diagnostic System Check - ABS.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Those of you that replaced the EBCM. Could you look on the work order, and give me the part # for it. I need to do some ebcm shopping.Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks. I just did a price check on GMparts direct. It was only 423.25. Not too bad , considering the local dealer wanted a hare under 1300 to fix it. And here the past month i have been putting off getting a price. Kinda somewhat happy about the price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just went through the replacement of the unit part number 10343433 with my car, wasn't a bad install. Just a little tight doing the install without removal of the complete assembly. I however have a an issue that when ordered the ECBM did not include the grey lever connector retentioner. I am now assuming I was suppose to transfer it from the old one? Assuming this is the case and the old unit including the lever retentioner has long been thrown in the trash I need to get another one. Anyone know what the part number is on this grey lever connector retentioner that I no longer have? Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
I just went through the replacement of the unit part number 10343433 with my car, wasn't a bad install. Just a little tight doing the install without removal of the complete assembly. I however have a an issue that when ordered the ECBM did not include the grey lever connector retentioner. I am now assuming I was suppose to transfer it from the old one? Assuming this is the case and the old unit including the lever retentioner has long been thrown in the trash I need to get another one. Anyone know what the part number is on this grey lever connector retentioner that I no longer have? Thank you in advance for your help.
Welcome to :z:
You might PM SpeedRatchet here :idea:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but there are a few posts in this thread that one could assume off of that the seat memory control and the active handling ECBM systems are related. They arent, are they?

·
Registered
353 Posts
As an inspiration to the DIY'rs, under warranty I just had my EBCM/BPMV replacement done to the tune of $3,773. In the last two weeks I've had the column lock actuator and accompanying parts replaced and now this. The extended warranty just paid for itself.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but there are a few posts in this thread that one could assume off of that the seat memory control and the active handling ECBM systems are related. They arent, are they?
Seat memory no. Active handling/Traction control/ABS yes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Seat memory no. Active handling/Traction control/ABS yes.
Thanks, just wanted to verify that for future searchers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts