Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I threw a couple of codes and would like some help, what do the following codes mean and how critical are they?
I have a cheat sheet, and found a few descriptions but I do not what they mean :ity: .

P0420 TWC System Low efficiency Bank 1-A
P0430 TWC System Low efficiency Bank 2-A
P2068 I can't find this code on my cheat sheet

Where can I get a code sheet for a 2004 Z, the sheet I have does not have anything for code P2068.
Thank you in advance for your help.
:cheers:
Mike

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Are they history codes or current codes?

·
Registered
562 Posts
The first 2 are your rear o2 sensors saying that they don't like the cats you've put on your car....not critical at all....just delete. I get them every now and then due to my HF cats.

I can't find the P2068 one either

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey I was born & raised in Fremont CA!

P0420 and P0430 mean three way catalyst (TWC) low efficiency - the rear O2 sensors are reading too much 'pollution' aft of the catalytic converter. I just started getting these codes too after installing headers and hi flow catalysts. I kept the rear o2 sensors, i didn't use sims. I've gone probably 1500 miles since i did the mods and got a tune. I got P0420 last saturday, cleared it, then got P0430 yesterday, cleared it, we'll see if it happens again. Some people say they get them often. search the forum for P0420 and you can find alot of information.

P2068... i dunno. i looked in my 03 shop manual and they don;t go that high.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
case2307 said:
Are they history codes or current codes?
Case,
The codes were displayed like this,
P2068 H ( I assume this means History)
P0420 H C ( I assume this is a Current and History)
P0430 H C ( I assume this is a Current and History)

Colin Frolick,
Thanks for the infor, after I posted I found the P0420/P0430
I do have high flow cat's with McCord cut out's. I will have my tuner turn off the O2's is it continues.
When did you leave Fremont? i've been here about 12 yrs, moved from San Jose ;)
I will do a search for the P2068
Thanks Mike

·
Registered
984 Posts
I installed headers and cats several months ago. I get the P0420 and P0430 codes every few days. One of these days I'll spring for the 02 sims. I just clear them and go on.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I notice that if you drive extended highway speeds, no codes(went 300 miles at speeds of up to 80mph). ;)

If you do some semi-spirited driving, the codes will appear in 20 to 60 miles. Seems like keeping it in the lower gears makes them appear more quickly. :eek:

Just erase as stated above. A fact of life with high-flow cats. :yeadog:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts