Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the title of the code- something about the driver side O2 sensor. The dealer replaced the sensor on the first visit, but that did not fix it. On the way home from the dealer, the code and check engine light reappeared.

What does anyone think might be the cause?

It's at the dealer, but I don't have much confidence they'll fix it this time either. After you clear it, the code reappears after about 20 to 30 miles once the car gets to operating temps. Anyone know what the diagnostic procedure is for this code?

Thank you...

:-?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dealer called. It seems the tech who installed the O2 sensor did not attach the wiring very well, because it was not connected when they looked under the car. They reconnected and supposedly drove the car far enough to bring it to operating temps. No codes or engine light.

Case closed for now. Tonight after work will tell the story. I plan to drive it for an hour or so. I feel better now.

:D

·
Registered
806 Posts
The dealer drove your car enough that the light does not come on!!!! :jawdrop: Better check your mileage and those nice bald rear tires!!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tech who test drove the car long enough to get it to operating temps was actually the shop foreman. I asked him if he noticed anything alse while test driving it. He said no, it was a nice car. We already knew that, huh?

:zboobie:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts