Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I expect any to appear after it's done and what if any other problems might occur?

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I didn't have any codes appear after installing headers...

Most don't but if you did...you could get ls1edit done to your car to clear up the issue..

I'd be very surprised if you did have any codes etc..

Its extremely rare and not sure I have ever seen a thread on codes after a properly installed headers..

I'd recommend headers made out of stainless steel ...

When and if I replace my mild steel headers .....(holed and welded) I'd go with either LG's @ 2 grand installed with cats/x pipe or Kooks about 15% less.

Both great choices (and I'm sure there are others)

Hindsights 20/20...buy the best ...and do it once..

HTH...

Car is actually sounds smoother with the headers too....and its a very civilized mod...imho..

·
Registered
120 Posts
If your going with high flow cats, you may see codes from the rear 02's. The cats may be flowing to well. You can either use 02 sims, or get Edit.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
jub jub said:
If headers and O2 sensors are installed correctly, you won't set codes.
It still kind of a crap shoot. Some folks even after doing everything just right have problems. Some cars seem to have a little Christeen in them. :eyes:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Did mine right.. after 20 miles threw code nothing HP tuning couldn't fix ..shut off the rear sensors :ity:

·
Registered
475 Posts
After about 100 miles with Supermaxx headers I got a "service engine" light. MTI in Houston turned off my rear O2's.

Chas.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I installed Supermaxx header system and had no codes ! Just make sure you have all the o2 sensor wires out of the way of the headers ! Also check the starter wires !

Rob

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just installed LG's without cats. No 02 sims or programming and no codes wierd. Runs great. I have HP tuners and will turn off the rear O2's but I thought it was wierd I didn't get any codes....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts