Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the thoughts of coil over's good bad indifferent and what are is best set-up. This car is a 01 zo6 w/427 and will be used @ the track from time to time and used for high speed road rally events.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I have the DRM coilovers with custom valved Bilstein shocks and love the setup. I pull 1.08 Gs using Michelin PS tires on a 2003 427 C5R Z06...Using Toyo Proxies I should be good for over 2.0 Gs with this suspension according to Rippie...

·
Registered
412 Posts
ScDFACHE said:
I should be good for over 2.0 Gs with this suspension according to Rippie...
Wow!

I would think you'd have to mod your oiling system too in order for it to keep doing it's job while pulling those kind of G's.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The coliovers were $2,350 installed which is not a bad price for well-made coilovers.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I have pulled 1.08 on street tires - that;s enough pull for me at this point...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hey Brian-

Sounds like you are stepping up again! I need to get modding I guess.....

I rode some laps at Road America with Lou Gigliotti and in a car with his coilover kit, and I thought the car was on rails.

Here is what a Z can do with Bilsteins and Hotchkis bars, and race tires...this was at MAM.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought a new car o1 zo6 c5r 427 still kept the vert w/383. in the process of doing some work to the new one needs bigger cam and kooks headers also bought a ls2 intake andbored to 95mm and purchased 95mm tb. can't wait to get to sorc in Aug.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts