Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

If I go with the Vortex rammer is it necessary to buy a Vortex Powerduct or any type of air duct to replace the factory bridge and coupler? It is my understanding that the Vortex rammer works with the factory duct. Will the Powerduct @$250+ add any appreciable difference?

Stu

·
Registered
420 Posts
I didn't do a before/after dyno on mine with the air bridge, but I figured I was replacing the intake I might as well do it right. I could see some restriction in the stock coupler and bridge.... It also looks better.

·
Registered
0 Posts
NetJunkie said:
I didn't do a before/after dyno on mine with the air bridge, but I figured I was replacing the intake I might as well do it right.
Same here...really don't know if it helped much, but I was also told to expect a 3-5 HP gain.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
IF I recall correctly, according to Halltech the Cobra alone is worth up to 6hp. I do not know if that is actually true. That's just what I remember reading in a post and on the Halltech website, but is the net gain the same for an '01 vs. '02 Z06? I don't know if it has ever been measured yet on an '02. No question, it does make for a better looking piece in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I talked with Jason @ MTI about this the other day, while I was dynoing my car. They told me that they had tested different "air bridges" on the chassis dyno on one of their 7.0l motor.

The idea behind this was that a bigger inch motor should benefit from a free flowing intake more than a stock motor. So the gains would be more quantifiable.

They tested back to back on the same car, same temp, same everything. In testing of the stock unit vs. several other aftermarket units they had 0 hp in change from just the bridge. So they just left the stock one on.

Again, this is only second hand information, and I have not seen the dyno sheets. But I thought this information pertinent to the topic at hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts