Corvette Z06 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
is it possible to get a stock programming from someone and put it on your PCM and then do the bypass.

I havent done the recall...because I read. :D but my dealership also noted in my repair history "CUSTOMER REFUSED RECALL XXXX"

·
Registered
653 Posts
zipnz said:
ok, for the new guy here; I'm understanding from all of the posts on this subject that steering column lock is prone to happen on ALL model year Z06's, right?(i have a 2003). so, in order to be proactive, i need to install a CLB,(i don't want the dealer to touch my car). if this is the case, please let me know.
thanks,
paul

Yes, you are correct.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Tony Skarbic said:
If the dealer has done the recall work, then installing the bypass will not work. The recall changes the function of the system, from the steering column to the BCM.
Could someone, get more specific? I had the recall done right after getting Z..then did mods and a tune.I was thinking of installing the by pass..just to avoid any possible problems,but if Tony is correct it would be a waste of time.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK, knock on wood, I have'nt had the column lock up on me yet. But, do I need to have the recall done before I install the CLB? I heard the recall dosen't even fix the problem.

Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
My column is locking up AGAIN! :( Just had the recall done 6 months ago. Has anyone else had this problem come back? Why Me? What a week, first I run over a crowbar and ruin my rear wheel and now this. Calgon, take me away. :crazy:
I had the same problem on my 2004 z06. I had to have toad to a Chevy Dealer. Service Manager told me that my vetted was fixed once before over this issue. Now Service Manager told me I have to pay for it, even though GM had repaired it once.who should I talk to for this issue.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts