Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vettepilot,
Great idea to come to the US to get a ZO6, BUT, a US franchised
dealer is prohibited from selling a new vehicle that is for export.

It would be a violation of the franchise agreement with GM

·
Registered
928 Posts
I didn't realize that. I guess one could get around that by having a US addressed customer purchase a vehicle, then in a private party sale could sell to the other person after the initial state title action was completed. Of course somebody would have to foot the cost of the initial purchase, titling etc. Then the private party sale could take place.
Is this at all feasible?
Stan

·
Registered
0 Posts
Send me the money and I will pick it up for you. And to show you what a nice guy I am, I'll even break it in for you too!! :sneaky:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
fcalmes said:
Send me the money and I will pick it up for you. And to show you what a nice guy I am, I'll even break it in for you too!! :sneaky:
That is a good deal as Frank breaks in cars 1/4 mi at a time......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Use an USA address

after the plates are received and sent fed ex to you can't you then take them to your DMV and get Canadian plates and reg.???

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
It can be done legally. But the export and customs paperwork is pretty extensive. For example, if the end buyer is canadian, he may need to have both an American and a Canadian customs broker involved. Its possible to do all the paperwork without a broker. However, Canada makes it very difficult for an individual to do the paperwork and a broker really makes this process work smoothly if you could call it that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts