Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm wondering if any of you had one of these shifters, then moved to the other?

I am thinking of waiting to make the decision until I get to the Fest. I know BPP will be there and they will have shifters.

The flexibility of the rake and angle of the shifter sounds inviting, but according to the poll on the site, Hurst has the BPP beat 2:1. Maybe that's because the Hurst has been around longer?

I have driven the Hurst. Nice shifts, noisey, but I heard that can be taken care of...

thanks for the help.....

·
Registered
882 Posts
jnjboc said:
Hi folks,
I am thinking of waiting to make the decision until I get to the Fest. I know BPP will be there and they will have shifters.

The flexibility of the rake and angle of the shifter sounds inviting, but according to the poll on the site, Hurst has the BPP beat 2:1. Maybe that's because the Hurst has been around longer?

I have driven the Hurst. Nice shifts, noisey, but I heard that can be taken care of...

thanks for the help.....
Maybe BPP will do a discount for replacing the Hurst? :D

Have tried all the fixes, but the mechanical resonance (noise) under load is still there. The BPP design looks like it breaks up the Hurst tuning fork plus has a wedge for more isolation. :eek::

Any BPP users find their shifters to be "noisy?" :-?

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I went from the Hurst to the B&M and back to the Hurst. I used this mod to quiet the Hurst down and it's worked great for the last year or so. :thumb:

I haven't used the BPP so I can't comment on the difference between it and the Hurst.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I got my BPP used, and there's no noise from the shifter, and the ability to position the shifter is a great benefit. The guy sold it to me because he said it was too noisy. Having experience with the Steeda shifter on my Mustang, I knew that was no problem to fix. I started out with the handle in the closest position to my hand, but gradually found the shifts more positive with the handle up and away from me as far as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts