Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to the c5 vettes. I just sold my ZR1 and picked up a 2000 FRC. I have heard with the coupes and z06 there is a comp mode. Does it also come with the FRC? if so how do I get it to work?

Thanks

Jerome

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Just hold down the AH/TC button for five seconds with the car running and if it has comp. mode it will show up on the DIC. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cave Man said:
Just hold down the AH/TC button for five seconds with the car running and if it has comp. mode it will show up on the DIC. :)
IF? so i take it that was a option. I know I have the z51 option. I will go and try it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Active handling 1 was an option up until 2001.
Pre 2001 you have to be stopped in order to enable comp mode later years, AH2 will engage while rolling.

·
Registered
174 Posts
My 99 has AH/TC option. I always drive in the COMP mode. I set it when I start the car. I wish we could change it on the fly like the later cars. Enjoy your ZO-6 prototype. :usa:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Maybe you know this, or have read it in the manual ... but when you go into Comp mode "Competition Mode" will appear in the DIC. Hit the Reset button to be able to display what you want to display. You remain in Comp Mode until you de-select it or turn the ignition off.
HTH

·
Registered
711 Posts
DennyM said:
Maybe you know this, or have read it in the manual ... but when you go into Comp mode "Competition Mode" will appear in the DIC. Hit the Reset button to be able to display what you want to display. You remain in Comp Mode until you de-select it or turn the ignition off.
HTH
Damn, i was wondering how you get the "Competition Mode" off the DIC. I thought if i hit reset it would make the car go back to the original setting. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Tony, you need to review your owners manual....Don't hesitate to think I may just know a tad more than you with the Vette! Hahahahaha....You really thought the RESET would reset the COMP MODE? Hahahahahaha.....Then you should hit RESET when your CHECK GAUGES light comes on for low fuel. Just hit RESET and POOF.....You have a full tank of gas again! Hahahahahaha :cheers:

·
Registered
711 Posts
GR8 WHITE said:
Tony, you need to review your owners manual....Don't hesitate to think I may just know a tad more than you with the Vette! Hahahahaha....You really thought the RESET would reset the COMP MODE? Hahahahahaha.....Then you should hit RESET when your CHECK GAUGES light comes on for low fuel. Just hit RESET and POOF.....You have a full tank of gas again! Hahahahahaha :cheers:
Ouch that hurts lol. At least i know enough to turn off my traction control before i race. You prolbily kept thinking to yourself, "man these honda civic's are fast" :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congrats. I too am a former ZR1 owner. The FRC and ZR1 are very different animals. Enjoy the ride.
:cheers:

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
GR8 WHITE said:
That's just plain wrong! Funny, but wrong! :lol:

Charlie

·
Premium Member
4,332 Posts
GR8 WHITE said:
Cold blooded. :thumb: :lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am about to buy a 99 FRC, what is the option code for the competitive driving? Or did they all have it?

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
WUTWHNE said:
Ouch that hurts lol. At least i know enough to turn off my traction control before i race. You prolbily kept thinking to yourself, "man these honda civic's are fast" :rofl: :rofl:

Hey, I thought you forgot all about that! Hahahahaha.....Ok folks, its true...I was headed to Tucson and caught another C5 at the light.....A little instigation weighed favorably to knudge him, but on the green, I realized I left active handling on.....he got a good jump, but....the GR8 White pulled through.....As for those Honda Civics Tony is mentioning....well, he is exaggerating just a bit.....It was actually a Mitsubishi Eclipse GST? Whatever the all wheel drive one was...and he had a turbo, with (what he said) close to 400 hp. I lost gracefully and sportmanlike......3 times. hahahahahahaha......... :cry: :cry: :cry:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts