Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of the guys from the club i belong to has recently purchased a 2002 Z06. he says he has engaged competitive mode prior to his runs (AutoX) and by the time he has finished the run his dash is flashing competitive mode is warmed up. mine does not do this. any ideas?

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
He probably turns off the car while waiting to line up. As the autox probably turns in the first 50 feet it sets off the active handling warming up message.

If he doesn't turn off the car in line...while waiting...he won't set active handling message warming up on the d.i.c.

Just guessing though. (as I had this happen on my car and was concerned till I figured it out)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I run in competitive mode a lot, but I never see "Competitive Mode is Warmed Up." I do see, occasionally, "Active Handling Is Warming Up" or "Active Handling is Warmed Up." It's not consistent so I don't know what causes it to issue this message.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Falcon said:
I run in competitive mode a lot, but I never see "Competitive Mode is Warmed Up." I do see, occasionally, "Active Handling Is Warming Up" or "Active Handling is Warmed Up." It's not consistent so I don't know what causes it to issue this message.
You will also get a chime when "AH" has completed its warm up. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
soldmystang said:
one of the guys from the club i belong to has recently purchased a 2002 Z06. he says he has engaged competitive mode prior to his runs (AutoX) and by the time he has finished the run his dash is flashing competitive mode is warmed up. mine does not do this. any ideas?
Tell your friend he's seeing things. There is no such message.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
z06_23_45 said:
Tell your friend he's seeing things. There is no such message.

:drunken: :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
soldmystang said:
His experience is normal, though I'm not really sure what causes it. I have seen this message numerous times with slightly different variations of Active Handling Warming Up and something to the effect that Warm Up is Complete.

I believe you will see this message if you start up the car and do something that engages active handling shortly thereafter. In my case it was only driving down a dirt pit access road that caused enough variation in wheel speed to activate this warning.

What I'm not sure about is the status of AH during this period, whether it works or not. For me it is not an issue as I normally turn it off, or if I left it on I have a warmup lap or two which has been enough time for it to complete warmup.

For auto-x, I suggest he make a few tight turns in the parking lot a few minutes before his run and leave the car running after that. :cheers:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Falcon said:
Yes, me too! :yeadog:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts