Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain to me the difference from traction control to competive mode ?Is there a way to change the rev limiter higher ?

Rob :cheers:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Rob,

The rev limiter cnt be chg'd w/out a pcm reprogram. The Comp mode turuns t/c off leaves a/h on. It allows you to control wheel spin for example scca or solo type racing or just Smokin um up .......

·
Registered
171 Posts
"Competitive" is a active handling mode that disables the traction control feature but does not disable the differential wheel, brake intervention feature that enhances stability in limit-handling situations.

With 02s, even with competitive mode enabled, traction control will still intervene when the PCM detects a powerhop situation.

With 98-00s you have to come to a complete stop and hold the AH button down to get competitive mode.

With 01-02s you can enable competitive mode "on the fly."

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone :D I guess I know how to fly now :D :D

Rob

·
Registered
243 Posts
Here is a 500K movie that bears witness to why

That was just bad driving.
That guy needs driving lessons and a drop in HP.

·
Registered
837 Posts
AH won't help you if it's turned off

Juan said:
That was just bad driving.
That guy needs driving lessons and a drop in HP.
True, true; but if the sucka hadn't turned off Active Handling, he would NOT have had the accident and the spectator would not have been hospitalized.

When things go bad, it happens fast. That's why AH is there.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Re: AH won't help you if it's turned off

Ranger said:

True, true; but if the sucka hadn't turned off Active Handling, he would NOT have had the accident and the spectator would not have been hospitalized.

When things go bad, it happens fast. That's why AH is there.
Yipes! What happened to the guy who was hit?!

-Kirk

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Ranger,

Thanks and that video is in our media section under "Classic idiot", been there quite awhile............

:guiness:

·
Registered
837 Posts
IMA Z06 said:
Ranger,

Thanks and that video is in our media section under "Classic idiot", been there quite awhile............

:guiness:
Those things do travel. Believe I got my copy last winter off a post on the other Forum. Whatever its source, that vid does make the AH point.

Ranger

·
Registered
25 Posts
So one quick press of the button disables everything (TC & AH), but a more convoluted process disables just TC but keeps AH (competitive mode)?

Since "competitive mode" seems way safer than "everything off" for the average driver, shouldn't that be enabled by the quick, and move the "danger" mode to the long method?

What am I missing?

·
Registered
200 Posts
newme said:
So one quick press of the button disables everything (TC & AH), but a more convoluted process disables just TC but keeps AH (competitive mode)?

Yes, that's correct.

Since "competitive mode" seems way safer than "everything off" for the average driver, shouldn't that be enabled by the quick, and move the "danger" mode to the long method?

I don't think so, because people like me always turn everything off every time I drive. It would be awful to have to wait a couple of more seconds in my opinion.

I have used competitive mode once in the Z06 at an auto-x event and didn't care for it. It didn't make me any quicker, and I felt handicap with it on because it wouldn't let me spin the back end around. :D

What am I missing?
----------------

1 - 14 of 14 Posts