Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
With my hardware modifications done for now, it seems the consensus is I need to have my PCM reprogrammed. I'm looking for any advice you guys can give me. As in cost, difficulty, does the programmer need the car? My 96' LT1 had a module that plugged in between the wiring harness and the computer. My 86' Grand National had a Prom that replaced the stock Prom. I know the new computers have to be programmed externally, and I've read that if you don't do it correctly you car really mess up your car. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif Do any of the supporting venders do this kind of work? Who is the best? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks guys! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Donaldson "Black Wing"
Vortex "Power Duct" Air Bridge
MAF Screen Removed
B&B "Shortie" Headers
Bassani "Off-Road" X-Pipe (No Cats)
B&B PRT Cat-Back
CAGS Defeat
Cam and Heads Next........

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I'd like to get ahold of the software that'll do it. I just like to tinker with things myself, you know?

If someone knows of any PLEASE tell us.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Steve Cole told me he found 6-8 peak HP on the stock or airboxed Z06. If someone can prove there is more, then I'd like to see it. You can also change rev limiter, cags defeat, fan temp, etc...with the POWERLOADER II. No removal of the PCM is needed either.

RG

http://www.exit28motorsports.com

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

On 2001-08-15 12:15, RG in Dallas spewed forth this drivel:
Steve Cole told me he found 6-8 peak HP on the stock or airboxed Z06. If someone can prove there is more, then I'd like to see it. You can also change rev limiter, cags defeat, fan temp, etc...with the POWERLOADER II. No removal of the PCM is needed either.

RG

http://www.exit28motorsports.com

RG,
Thanks for the info! I want you to know that I really appreciate the advice you gave me last week when we spoke. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif For a guy who sells performance parts to tell you that you will be wasting your money on a modification tells you something about that individual! I spoke with Chuck Mallett (a Ohio guy!) on the phone today and he feels about the same way you do. And he should know! (See the Sept. Car and Driver, "Supertuner Challange") He said I should wait for 50 to 100 starts to see if my computer will adjust to my mods. If not, he charges $500 for a custom reprogramming. His shop is only about an hour from Columbus, in Berea, and he said the reprogramming could be done in a day. He did make me feel kind of bad about my short tube headers though. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif He said he thinks they are junk and not worth the trouble. He said go long tube or forget it. Oh well, I like them and thats what counts! Anyway, you can count on my business as always and thanks again for the advice. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
P.S. When my B&B PRT's took a little extra time to show up, I told the girl that answers your phone that I wanted a Exit 28 T-shirt. She said you were out. Please keep me in mind if you get some more. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif
Take care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts