Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hearing the computer upgrade is good for about 15 Ponies
anyone do before and after dynos? Any first hand experience?
Thanks,

Steve
:cheers:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Steve,

FRC Tom has done a before and after dyno, he should be able to give you all your answers when he sees this post. :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frank,

Thanks, I'll be watching for him to post.

Steve

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I talked to Steve Cole and sent him my VIN number to work on a Powerloader for the 02's, he will get back to me next week after I get back from Indy. ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I bought a used '01 Z06 ( a whole 2,300 miles) that already had the Haltech TRIC and a Jet Power Control module installed. I'm getting it Dynoed next month. What RWHP should I expect from the addition of the TRIC? If I get more than 360 RWHP, should I attribute that to the addition of the Jet chip?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Ron Zimmer

My computer was done by Zimmer and it only got me 5 rwhp.
My AFR is too rich after installing the TTS headers and this problem was not taken care of.
I'll be sending the computer back with a copy of my dyno sheet.
This was not Ron's fault, I hope to get at least another 5 rwhp when this problem is taken care of.
You can see my dyno pulls at:
http://www.c5frc.com/Tom/dyno.htm
I have since removed my MAF screen in hopes of leaning my AFR out. I have not been back on the dyno yet to find out.
All my pulls were done with the hood up, 90+ degrees and high humidity.

Z

·
0 Posts
Who is rocknroll

It only could be someone back at the race shop in detroit. Glad you like to here me speak. As for
the computer from z ind (frc tom) the big thing we found out was mixxing parts did not work as well as using all the same. we used all B&B parts and made 375 rwhp and 364fpt. Ask ron to load the same program as we used on my Z06. We made 30 rwhp with just an exhaust and the program on the frist test. Also we made a great H pipe that help out a lot. ( rocknroll give me some more tips on who you are) :-?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Contact info for Ron Zimmer? Thanx! :D

Z

·
0 Posts
Z ind dealer

If anyone is looking to upgrade their computer I am one of rons dealers and can flash his program in any gm 1996 up obd2 ecm Just give me a call all
I need is the vin # of your car and I will let you know if ron has a program for it. Thanks Joe Verdone 480-423-9939 also all of our b&b is on sale including our off road H pipe:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts