Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm confused... I have a 2001 Z06 and I was just looking up the current value, and heres what I found
01' Z06 Original Price: $48k
01' Conv. Original Price: $46k
01' Z06 Production: 5,700
01' Conv. Production: 14,100
01' Z06 Current Blue Book: $33k
01' Conv. Current Blue Book: $35.5k
Ok sooo I'm curious as why the Convertible has over a $2k higher value, yet three times as many were produced, it cost $2k less new, and it lacks all the performance mods of the Z06..??? Shouldn't the Z06 have a higher value??

·
Registered
882 Posts
Interesting info. :yeadog:

My guess would be buyer interest? The convertible appeals to a wider audience. I drove all three and only the Z sparked my interest. My presumption would be the true sport enthusiast market is smaller and hampered by external factors (significant other, insurance, and the bias that sports cars are beat to death). But others may want a smoother ride, less emphasis on performance and more of a driver, or could be the attraction of a convert? ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so After looking through autotrader and other places, I've found that the "market value" seems to differ from bluebook.. The cheapest Z06 I found in the country was $28k, and I'm guessing that partly because it had 68k miles. However, I found plenty of convertibles for under $28k, and some going as low as $23k and $24k... So it seems that even though the blue book on the conv. is $2.5k higher, its selling for up to $5k less... Anywho just thought it was kinda interesting.

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
An 01 Vert for $46K??
Did it come with tires??

I looked at three Verts before I got hooked on my Z and they all MSRP'd more than my Z by $1-1.5K!!

Ken

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a quick note - I recently bought my '02 Z06, then I found a '99 red conv. for my wife. Sitting in the neighborhood and with unknowledgable firends she gets the kudos. It is "pretty" with the Corvette Red and chrome wheels and borla exhaust. Then with knowledgable friends I get the respect and kudos. The way I look at it is this. In my wife's eye she has the cutier car, then as time goes by and I want to "enhance" my baby the options will be much easier to justify!!!
Just my .02 worth. If she is smiling I guarntee you that I'm smiling!!! :thumb:
Maybe A little off the original subject - just wanted to share the experience.

·
Registered
878 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts