Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for asking what I assume I should be able to find, but I've been searching the site and I guess I'm looking in the wrong areas. I am interested in extended warranty, have read several comments that I should check with Ken Fichtner, and I can't find his number/email/contact info. A pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Phil

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Contact info

Phone: 406-628-4618, Fax: 406-628-2025
Email: [email protected]

Z06Y Lady

·
Registered
251 Posts
GMPP

WHERE'S THE LOVE ????

You have three dealers here who help pay the bill and keep this
site free, all of which are able to offer the Extended Warranty.

Last time I looked, K.F. did not support this Forum, at least give
those who are supporting dealers an opportunity to quote.

:-?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Phil, I'm sure our dealers can put you in touch with the right people. There's nothing from Chevrolet our forum dealers can't get you. There there to help :)

G

·
I paid a little over 725 for 72 month/50K miles with a two hundred deductible..in the 35th month of ownership..thought it might be good for resale to the next guy...I haven't needed anything covered on this car but still a smart move...IMO..

Depending on the mileage and stuff..I would imagine the forum vendors could come close.

I only drive the vette like 6-7K miles per year..so this works for me.

Good luck

JB

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I would have to agree with our dealers on this one, why not give someone who helps keep this site running where you are getting the info from in the first place?

Janet, I know you were just answering a question but I'm kind of disappointed that our dealers were not mentioned.

In fact, you may find the prices better, just as in the case of corvetteseller (Bob Benedix) who offers our site members BETTER prices on OEM parts than Ken.......

JC

G

·
ZO6 vendors have the best prices...

Guys ..you need to get the word out more..

I think we spoke of Ken just out of an old habit...

I think we all want to support the fine vendors of this site whenever possible!

Glad to know you guys are making these these extended warranty programs available to us..

Very cool..I highly recommend them for the ZO6 owners b/c just from a resale perspective..I think the added value will come back when its time to sell..and if you keep the ride..its just that much less headaches..

Did you guys know with the extended portion of the GMPP warranty..once your past the 36 months/36K miles..you can also use some outside repair shops as well..as long as they are approved by GMMP.. for service?

Or so I've heard...I haven't needed to use the warranty but I think this is true..

Maybe Bob or Rick could clarify this for us..

I think thats a big plus...if its true.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
!st Hand Experience

JBsC5 said:
ZO6 vendors have the best prices...

Guys ..you need to get the word out more..

I think we spoke of Ken just out of an old habit...

I think we all want to support the fine vendors of this site whenever possible!

Glad to know you guys are making these these extended warranty programs available to us..

Very cool..I highly recommend them for the ZO6 owners b/c just from a resale perspective..I think the added value will come back when its time to sell..and if you keep the ride..its just that much less headaches..

Did you guys know with the extended portion of the GMPP warranty..once your past the 36 months/36K miles..you can also use some outside repair shops as well..as long as they are approved by GMMP.. for service?

Or so I've heard...I haven't needed to use the warranty but I think this is true..

Maybe Bob or Rick could clarify this for us..

I think thats a big plus...if its true.
When I was looking at GMPP coverage, I got quotes from KF and from at least one other vendor on this site who I will generally not embarass further by naming names.

Bottom line, the KF quote was hundreds better on a quote for 60/72 month coverage than the vendor here. My advice is this, if you want recommendations from me, then offer me real value . I vote with my pocketbook. Z06Y Lady,saving money to buy mods.
:)

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I must say that this is one area that I am not going to offer much help. All warr. are handled by our Fin. Mang. and I have no idea what they cost. We dont get paid on them so I have not ask many questions.:(

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I was unaware that our Corvette Sellers here were also offering parts and warranties at a discount.
My first thought was to contact KF for an extended warranty - so I did. I ended up skipping it totally, but I believe that our Supporting Corvette Sellers should make us more informed of the products and services they offer.

Rick, I am curious about your last post. You said that you don't handle the extended warranties ("All warr. are handled by our Fin. Mang. and I have no idea what they cost. We dont get paid on them so I have not ask many questions."), but I have noticed that your support has been retitled to MP, not just you. Given that MP is footing the bills now, I would have thought they would like to get more from us than just the sales.
Just thinking out loud here. However, I do think that if the supporting dealers would make sure that we are fully informed, there would be very little reason to leave this site for anything we need.

chris

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
chrisj said:
I was unaware that our Corvette Sellers here were also offering parts and warranties at a discount.
There would be very little reason to leave this site for anything we need.

chris
Chris, You're right - we need to do a better job of getting the word out. We forget we have so many new members that might not be aware of all the vendors (cars, parts, tires, accessories) that z06vette has :)

To everyone: Do try and give our supporting vendors your business. If you believe you've found a better price/deal elsewhere, PM our vendors and see if they can win your business - you might be in for a pleasant surprise. :)

Hopefully there won't be a reason to leave this site for anything :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
GMPP??

Well for those of you who might be wondering what I might be able to do on my end when it comes to warranties, I do not sell GMPP, however I do sell Louisiana Dealer Services Policies which are good all over the nation. If you have any questions about coverage or pricing just let me know!:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for information

Folks,

First, I plan to give the vendors a chance. Just like I did on my recent car purchase. This site has been very helpful to me and certainly contributed to my ultimate ownership. FYI - A supporting vendor recommended me to Ken @ vette.net who ultimately helped me find my Z, I think the supporting vendors are great!

Second, Thanks to Z06Y Lady for answering my question. I come to the site for information. I like the site and the help I receive, and I want to support it. However, I am always going to take the best deal I can get, and I think the other members mostly feel the same way. i.e. I'm not going to go to just one person for a quote, I'm looking for the best deal. It seems pretty clear from the posts that vendors here are not too interested in warranty (which is fine, I'll still check with 'em), thus my thanks for the additional information.
Best Regards,

Phil

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
New contact for Rick's warranty guy

FYI - I called and Joe Johnson isn't there anymore. The new contact is Lenny. Same number. I haven't recieved the quote yet, so this isn't an endorsement, but I wanted to let everyone know who to contact. I'm comparing prices and will probably make a decision today.

Phil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the referrals.

Let me add this for what it's worth.....

Competition has certainly made our country a better place to live and make a living. Shop the supporting dealers by all means but don't chastise members for telling it like it is. Freedom of speech is very important and I would certainly not think that the moderators and owners here would suppress such.

I would encourage your supporting dealers to provide weekly, timely, informative and factual news as I have done in several other forums.

Have a great day,

Ken Fichtner
Fichtner Chevrolet
[email protected]
or
[email protected]

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Ken Fichtner said:
Thanks for the referrals.

Let me add this for what it's worth.....

Competition has certainly made our country a better place to live and make a living. Shop the supporting dealers by all means but don't chastise members for telling it like it is. Freedom of speech is very important and I would certainly not think that the moderators and owners here would suppress such.

I would encourage your supporting dealers to provide weekly, timely, informative and factual news as I have done in several other forums.

Have a great day,

Ken Fichtner
Fichtner Chevrolet
[email protected]
or
[email protected]
Dragging out a year and and half old thread to give yourself some free advertising here ought to help keep your prices down, shouldn't it:(

Freedom of speech is important!! That's why the vendors here pay fees....to make our speech free to the members !!

Are you considering becoming a vendor here Ken, to help our membership ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts