Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned took about 2 1/2 hrs. Talked to tech said it was his first one. No problems :yeadog:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Was an alignment necessary after the fix? :z:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Control arm washer recall

No allignment nessesary. I was told allignment only nessesary if washer fractured.Mine were fine just a simple replacement. :thumb:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Control arm washer recall

No alignment nessesary. I was told alignment only nessesary if washer fractured.Mine were fine just a simple replacement. :thumb:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yeah I had mine done yesterday too. They at first thought I was bringing it in for the column lock, until I told them it was washers. Apparently they hadn't had anyone in there for that yet. Mine worked out well also and no alignment. I don't notice any difference but then again the old washers didn't have problems.....yet. Glad to have it out of the way anyways! Now on to more spirited driving!
:z:

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Same here, I had mine replaced last June 2004 and the washers were fine and no alignment was necessary. Nothing changed as far as the steering and feel of the car. :z:

·
Registered
197 Posts
When I had mine done I stood beside the car and watched the mechanic and it took him 5 min each to replace the front and about a hour each to to the rear since he had to take most of the assembly apart to get to the bolts. He first checked the torque before he replaced. He told me that only 1% of Vettes were effected and that it was a the bolts not torqued enough but they replace all of them anyways.

Doug :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Steve Z said:
Just returned took about 2 1/2 hrs. Talked to tech said it was his first one. No problems :yeadog:

Is this re-call on "ALL" 04's?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts