Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I recently had a 2003 sonic blue cobra and that was making about 450/450. Fun car. But too many people had the same mods and the same car. Chip, pulley, exhaust....450 hp. Everyone was doing the same mods and making the same hp. :screwy: I needed a change. :idea:

I got in on the suppermaxx header package GP from Tybrne and now I am not looking back. Ordered stinger catback, I have AFR 225's with .700 lift springs and sodium filled valves sitting on my floor. Stroker kit is being ordered next week. Gonna make it a 400. :cheers: Trying to get hi 400's at the rear.

Today was my first mod. Blackwing. Woohoo. Intake. LOL. Anyways, I unplugged the battery so that I could reset everything and let the car relearn the new found air. Everything was well then I noticed my temp gauge said xxx. ( I always leave the digital guage showing) I shut it off and restarted it. The guage read properly then all the sudden shot to 260 and the digital displayed xxx. I have no clue what happen. Is there a way to reset this thing.

The part that gets me, it will work for about 2 seconds, the shoot to peak and xxx and the digital.

Help me out here please.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations on the Z and welcome to :z:
Can't add anything to above.
Be safe and enjoy the ride! :jammin:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Congratulations! Nice to hear that you have seen the light! :lol: I love these car's but they can be tricky. :crazy: Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, Im new to this but I kinda messed with the code thing. It was throwing out like 10 codes. I reset them all and the coolant gauge started working again. I need to take her for a spin to see if she is going to continue to work.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Just to clarify just disconnecting the battery or shutting off the car and restarting will not cause it to relearn quickly.

There is a definite quick ReLearn Procedure you must follow when installing a new mod. Otherwise the computer will relearn but it takes about 100 miles.

Reference the Service Manual or do a "Search" for ReLearn procedure on this site.

The temperature guage is probably an unrelated problem to the ReLearn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts