Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read some complaints from guys with 01 Zs that the center hump and floor gets alittle warm after extended periods of driving.

I'm thinking that the 02 Z may fair alittle better in this departments since the two little 'hotdogs' (hot pups /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) are no longer used. Those two little nuclear reactors were right under the passenger's feet /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif.

Anyone who had an 01, and now has an 02 see any differences in the hump/floor temps?

·
Registered
619 Posts
That's GM's version of a heater. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
837 Posts
I've driven my 01 on non-stop summer time drives of 1050, 900, and 600 miles. I never noticed cockpit heat. AC works fine. Tunnel/console is often warm but by no means hot. Cabin is quite comfortable.

Ranger

·
Registered
327 Posts
Has anyone gotten and installed the tunnel insulation for $395? How did it help?

M

·
0 Posts

On 2001-08-20 01:10, ZO SIC spewed forth this drivel:
Has anyone gotten and installed the tunnel insulation for $395? How did it help?
I'd be interested in hearing this also /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mark

·
Registered
266 Posts
No heat in my '01. Even on 100 Deg. days.

Wow! Saved $ 395. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
295 Posts
You guys do not live in Texas. My '01s hump gets so hot during hard driving that it doubles as a Texas Toaster. It does not bother me......come to think of it, not much bothers me when I'm behind the wheel.:D :D :D I have heard of applying some 3M dampining material inside the shift housing to reduce temps. I rather enjoy knowing that I'm in control of a bonafide fire breathing dragon! :flaming: :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts