Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep getting engine light and code P0480 which calls out cooling fan 1 relay. Replaced the fan motor and all of the relays and still getting check engine light and code. Car runs around 190 degrees while cruising and sometimes reaches 230 when in traffic or at a stop light for a period of time. I know the right side fan is coming on but left hand side fan still isn't! Need some help, don't know what else it could be.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, now all I need is a multi-meter i guess! Almost thinking it has to be some kind of short to ground somewhere.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Long shot but did you check the 30 amp fuses?

I just went thru the same headaches and replaced the fan motor myself. Then I checked the 30 amp maxifuse but the way they're designed it was VERY hard to tell that the fuse was burnt. Just try putting a known working fuse in there, reset the code thru the DIC, and test it by turning the a/c on full blast (should cause both cooling fans to run on high). Remember to reset the code since the ECM didn't by itself and the fan didn't run until I physically reset the code. Good luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks bierry, all the fuses look good but i guess I could swap it out with another and see. Rode the bike into work today so will look at it again when I get home. Checked and cleaned all the grounds yesterday thinking that may be a problem but didn't help any.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Don't over look the fuse and relay box he hind the right front wheel box. I had one go bad. The up side of the event was it was only 150.00 with all fuse and relays.

Tony #54

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bierry said:
I just went thru the same headaches and replaced the fan motor myself. Then I checked the 30 amp maxifuse but the way they're designed it was VERY hard to tell that the fuse was burnt. Just try putting a known working fuse in there, reset the code thru the DIC, and test it by turning the a/c on full blast (should cause both cooling fans to run on high). Remember to reset the code since the ECM didn't by itself and the fan didn't run until I physically reset the code. Good luck.

30 amp maxi fuse it was! Don't know how I missed it I think I was misreading the label on the fuse box, anyway it's all good now even with buying the new motor and relays it was still a heck of allot cheaper than what the dealer wanted. Thanks all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts