Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Mizzouri said:
Anyone know where I can get my car setup for some SCCA racing? What should I expect to pay for this service?
If you want to do it locally, the best idea I can give you is to contact the local Porsche Club and ask them. I've been to 3 of their sponsored DE's here locally and I suspect they would have some input.

Mike

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. Do you have a link to the club website or a # I can call? :thumb:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I know it's a long way, but if you want it done right and spend A LOT LESS IN THE LONG RUN, take it to Joe Aqualante in Phoenixville, PA (Phoenix Performance). They will take your car, set it up properly and also do some dyno tuning on it. I can't begin to tell you how important it is to have the suspension and computer programming done right. It was worth nearly 3 seconds per lap for me and they only had the car for a day. Contact Joe at: [email protected]. John Heinricy drives for him and just keeps winning national championships. They just know more about the vette than anyone else could. It's also very reasonably priced.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Who are you and do you really own a Z06? I think you are a poser. :sneaky:

Just kidding folks. We are good friends. :rofl:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PerforminNorman said:
Who are you and do you really own a Z06? I think you are a poser. :sneaky:

Just kidding folks. We are good friends. :rofl:

I'm doing what you should be doing! :p Which is getting a car ready to do some autocross this summer. I noticed the first event is set for March 20. You're coming out right?!

By the way, nice kick in the balls. Kind of Kung Fu style. :lol:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Mizzouri said:
I'm doing what you should be doing! :p Which is getting a car ready to do some autocross this summer. I noticed the first event is set for March 20. You're coming out right?!

By the way, nice kick in the balls. Kind of Kung Fu style. :lol:
Heck, I'll go check it out with you. :jammin:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a repsonse from the local SCCA guys and they suggested Forward Thrust or KC Race Craft. Anyone have any experience with these shops?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts