Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I installed the TPIS LT. Headers the sound of the car is stronger, but not nice or deep tone, as a muscle car should. In order to obtain this sound I am considering changing the stock titanium mufflers to the following options:
Bassani X-pipe and Corsa Pace car system or
Magnaflow X-pipe and muffler system.

Have any had any experience with this two systems??, Remember I am looking 80% for sound and 20% HP increase. And last but not least, do any of the two systems eliminates the main cats or they remain.

Thanks for your help on this one!!!!

:roll:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Although I do not own any of these systems. I have heard the corsa's and think they sound the best with headers:cheers:

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Legal and Warranty issues!

Zain06, I just had long tube headers installed on my '02 Z06 as well. I left the cats in due to potential warranty and legal issues. I am very satisfied about the documented and SOTP gain in HP and Torque. The Corsas sounded great on my '01 and even better after I install the rear X pipe that replaced the stock H section that hooks up to the rear Corsas. The X pipe will cut down and smooth out some of the poping and cracking during deceleration.

Several companies make an off road X pipe that replaces your main cats. You will need o2 sensors to eliminate code errors [ cost is about $ 200 and I don't know of a company that is offering sensors for '02's yet and I have done plenty DD]. You get a a nice boost fromm eliminating the cats. I seen a clone '02 Z06 with the same mods as mine with out the cats and the off road x pipe on a dyno pull 14 more hp.

A member of my local Vette cvlub has the Magna Flows and they sound simular to the Corsas. I am just very partial to the Coras Pro Series Classic Tips. Fubu/Les

1 - 3 of 3 Posts