Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this on their '02? If so what are your thoughts? I've ordered the Corsa Pace Car(Pro Series tips) but saw the Daytonas on another site...look pretty cool. Pls advise.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Had the corsa indys on my 99A4. No resonance at cruise, nice rumble at idle, and WOT is Mean and Nasty!! :D :D I like the Daytona's cause they are different lookin'. I have the stock ti exhaust and most of the exhaust I've noticed come out the middle two outlets (they are black inside while the outer two pipes are clean). When I do change the exhaust, I will probably go with the Daytona exhaust. Just my .02 worth. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the look of the Daytonas also...

...would you be concerned about changing from the stock Ti exhaust to a stainless one?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the corsa daytona Indys on my zo6, I also wanted something different than the 3" oval... the sound is great and the look is awesum. Now the bad part, getting the tips aligned is a time consuming pain! but it can be done...............

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Re: I like the look of the Daytonas also...

Buzz said:
...would you be concerned about changing from the stock Ti exhaust to a stainless one?
I wonder what the weight difference is? But then again, on a Z06, why would one care unless the owner is gonna race professionally (I guess?:-? )However, I'm gonna find out what mine sounds like w/o the pups one of these days(you know...set of breathless step headers and a Bassani xpipe hooked up to the Ti exhaust). :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mods

MSiska,

Take a look at the Breathless x-pipe also. The guy who's doing some mods on my Z showed me the Breathless and the Bassani. Appears that the Breathless x-pipe is a little cleaner with a wider diameter throughout the inside of the pipes...food for thought.

Even though I've ordered the Corsas, I'll probably do the same thing and see how the stock Ti system is with the Breathless headers/xpipe, throttle body and pulleys...my next mods to be.

Buzz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
weight difference...Corsas & stock

...to answer your question about the weight difference, I was told that it's approx 25 lbs. So I'll probably do the carb diet for a few wks to make up for this.

:lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
I know

that I'll be eating steak,bacon and eggs for awhile also. I understand from a few posts that the pulleys are a bitch to put on unless you're going into the motor for a cam job. Then it's just a replacement. I had the Bassani xpipe on my 99A4 and it was a real quality piece! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts