Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the day racing. There were two Corsa Indy equipped Z06s there. Mine a head and cam, header car and an '02 that was otherwise stock. There was also a head and cam, header vert running PRTs. When my wife was running I went to the infield with some other drivers and we had the chance to hear all three go by at wot. The Indys were definitely louder. The PRTs were loud, even sounded much like the Indys at wot, but the Indys were noticeably louder and everyone agreed.

I had the chance a few weeks ago to compare my Indys to Borla XR1 race. Those Borlas were on a stroker. The Indys were also louder than the Borlas at wot, but not partial throttle or idle. If anyone doesn't believe, I may have a chance to test with a decibal meter on Wed. at BIR. I'm not sure where the opinions came from that the Indys are not the loudest of the popular C5 exhausts, but my ears and experience tell me otherwise as does Doug Rippie. He told me he hates dynoing my car. It is the only one that gives him a noise headache. :eek:

·
Registered
0 Posts
I am curious about what the meter reads.

I've had my PRTs next to Indys and we both let them rip-pied (no pun intended) :lol: , and the PRT's definitely had more pop than the Corsa's. Of course both Z's were stock and both equiped with Vortex's.

Not doubting you Ron...just my old dead tired ears. :)

OOPS!! I forgot about Rons videos...sounded like a Top Fuel dragster rippied-ing :lol: down the strip!! :eek:

I humbly retract my statement. :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
Took mine to a dyno today with a bunch of Mustangs. When I pulled my Z with Indys on the dyno several people mentioned how quiet the Vette was..... then I punched it. :)

Everyone was "Wow! You can feel that in your chest!".

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frank, lol. The thing that took all of us by suprise, was how similar at wot the PRTs and Indys are. I'm not sure with your eyes closed that you could tell a difference in the tone. At least to these also tired ears. Well at least they aren't lopped!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.