Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just received my new pace car system for my Z06. I got the pro tips and a magnaflow x-pipe. :yeadog:

Anyway the system is going to be installed next Friday by a local custom shop. They said they have put Corsa's on Vettes before but said it was a pain because there always seemed to be fit issues with the Corsa's. These guys have a great rep for doing quality work so I'm sure they will do fine. But, I was wondering when you guys had the install done did you also have some fit issues issues?

Also some of the pics I have seen of the pro tip systems look like the tips angle down slightly. Is this the way they are supposed to look or should they be level straight out?

I can't wait to hear these babies. :jammin:

·
Registered
289 Posts
MA2k2Z06 said:
Hi, I just received my new pace car system for my Z06. I got the pro tips and a magnaflow x-pipe. :yeadog:

Anyway the system is going to be installed next Friday by a local custom shop. They said they have put Corsa's on Vettes before but said it was a pain because there always seemed to be fit issues with the Corsa's. These guys have a great rep for doing quality work so I'm sure they will do fine. But, I was wondering when you guys had the install done did you also have some fit issues issues?

Also some of the pics I have seen of the pro tip systems look like the tips angle down slightly. Is this the way they are supposed to look or should they be level straight out?

I can't wait to hear these babies. :jammin:
Had the same system on my C5 Coupe...great system!!
The fit issue i had was with the installer...not the system itself. I was on the phone with Corsa a number of times for tech help & i gotta say, they have excellent customer service! The problem I had was the right rear curved section of the pipes were too close to bottom of trunk...& got closer as time went on...until it actually started hitting the trunk! Also the tips were not aligned properly. Corsa customer service advised me it wasn't the system that was defective...they just needed tweaking to be aligned properly. Turns out they were right. But the customer service is so good, they even offered to send me a new system! Anyway, the bottom line is you've gotta play with it awhile...& re-torque all the clamps after a few heat cycles. Getting the tips aligned properly is a royal PIA :cen:
Good luck...& enjoy your Corsa's...they're great :thumb:

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Your installers may have a good reputation, but I would have to call BS! I have a Corsa, I've been to the Corsa plant, Corsa installed my exhaust while I watched. What a quality company.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Corsa is the only aftermarket exhaust authorized by GM.
I have my dealer, Les Stanford Chevrolet, swap my exhaust...no problems.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Zippy said:
Corsa is the only aftermarket exhaust authorized by GM.
good information here... I was looking at the Borla until I read Zippy's post. hmm.... something to think about. See, THAT is why I like being a part of Z06vette.com!

:z:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I don't think the authorization of Corsa by GM is any factor at all in a exhaust decision. Go by the experiences of your fellows here by searching through the many exhaust threads, and decide which is best for you. I can personally vouch for the Borlas, but I'm sure GHL, B&B, and Corsa are all great systems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input so far.

I agree with exSSer, go with what sounds good to you. Don't worry to much about which one is GM certified. Exhaust systems are a matter of personal taste. I wouldn't think GM could deny any warrently claim because of a catback. Borla and GHL are vey nice sounding systems - very muscle car sounding. :coo:

For me I like the exotic like sound of the Corsa's, and no resonance was also very important to me. :yeadog:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts