Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking seriously at buying a used Corsa Ti street system from a site member. Only problem is that the system was modified to fit an FLP long tube header system. I have the Dynatech header system and am wondering how hard it would be to get this Corsa system to fit up to my headers and if it would be worth the time and expense. The system that I am looking at has what appear to be R/T cats, that were flanged to mate up to the FLP collectors. I plan on removing the cats from my present system anyway and building a 3" center section, but if the Corsa Ti system will fit, I'll install it without
cats and forego building a 3" center section, as I understand the Corsa Ti is the best flowing exhaust system available for our cars. Any help on this is much appreciated! TIA.

Jim L.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have any thoughts on this? ttt

Jim

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I wish I could help, since I have the Ti system (and also bought it used), but I don't know enough about where the different pieces will mount up. You best bet would be to get a photo of the system on the seller's car, and/or get a photo of your current exhaust on your car, and get the measurements of the cut pieces on the sellers car, and take that info to your exhaust guy. He should be able to tell you what can and can't be done.

Now, you can't weld the Ti, but you could add some non-Ti pieces (that are flared at one end) in with the Ti pieces to make up any lengths that have been shortened, I'd imagine. But only your exhaust guy would know for sure.

The Corsa Ti system is awesome. I'd think it'd be worth it to get the system (if the price is decent) no matter what, knowing that if your guy couldn't make it work, you could always sell it (especially to someone with the same headers as the seller). It's all clamp-together, so your exhaust guy could mount it up and see if it'll work without ruining anything.

-Kirk

·
Banned
411 Posts
Jim Lembo said:
Anyone have any thoughts on this? ttt

Jim
Getting rid of the magnums?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I have Corsa Ti's on my Coupe. I have had them without cats and installed a set of HF cat's later. The guy that did the work had to weld up pipes from the header collector to the cats and didn't have to do anything to the other Ti part of the system. You should be able to adapt it to your headers. Just take it to a Good Shop.

D.J.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys! Now I just need to make an offer
and see what happens. The thing I like about the Corsa Ti is that you car run it with or without the mufflers, which is what I plan to do this summer when I track the car a few times locally and for the fest track events and trip. I showed pics of it to my friend Mark who has an exhaust shop here and he says he can make it work without any problem, especially since I am going catless.

Randy, No way I am getting rid of my GHL's. If you have a set, you know what I'm talking about. I am just looking of a few more HP to give me a little edge on the track for the summer, then the Magnums go back on till next summer. I know ya'll probably think I'm crazy, but I just love working on my car, trying new things that just might make it go faster.
Confirmed "Mod-a-holic" :bang: Jim

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Should sound real mean Jim, hope you can swing the deal Bro.:cool:

Jack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts