Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the race version on the car and let me tell you it was LOUD.
:crazy:

Ordered muffler kit as Corsa said a 25% plus noise reduction would result. Kit arrived today and needless to say looking at the straight pipe with muffler kind of attached to side I was like how does this thing even work at all.

Well it worked and worked perfectly.
Idle now sounds just a tad more than stock muffler and driving condition is just above stock with a little burble on decel.
Get on it though and the roar is great. Even better then the race version.

I can't even tell you how big of a difference this mod made. It is perhaps one of the best bang for the bucks (at least for my ears and my neighbors) besides maybe the vararam.

Without the muffler the car is barely tolerable now it's absolutely perfect.
And the extra weight can't be mroe than 10lbs at most.

Recommend this exhaust and defeintly the muffler kit to anyone!!
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Install by the way was a breeze except getting the tips on new pipes. Everything slips on and is then metal banded together. The slip on though with the tips was not that easy and took a few minutes of :cen: before they went on.

Outside of that it took me 30 minutes in my garage without even jacking up the car.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The Corsa Ti is awesome, isn't it?! I love mine.

Now, I have the straight pipe sections sitting in my garage, and I was thinking that I might throw them on in place of the mufflers this spring (as I've never heard the car without the mufflers). I'm interested in hear just how loud the car is without the mufflers...

...But you've got me concerned about it now. :)

This info will help me: What is the rest of your exhaust set up? Headers? What about cats? Still have yours?

Thanks!

-Kirk

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Kooks and RT cats so it's very free flowing before the rear portion.

I would just leave on the mufflers.

It sounds more like an open exhuast rasppy back burble (fire) on decel without it.
You would change back quickly is my guess.
I also think it actually sounds better and more ferrari like with the mufflers in as they take off just a tad of the full throttle edge.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Glad you like them Chris...I knew you would love the performance...

Greg

·
Registered
798 Posts
Question, did you put the Kooks X-pipe on, or the Corsa Ti H-pipe on? I imagine it would be a lot more quiet with the Corsa pipe in place since it has a pair of bullet mufflers, err resonators or whatever they want to call it.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have Kooks and RT cats so it's very free flowing before the rear portion.

I would just leave on the mufflers.

It sounds more like an open exhuast rasppy back burble (fire) on decel without it.
You would change back quickly is my guess.
I also think it actually sounds better and more ferrari like with the mufflers in as they take off just a tad of the full throttle edge.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
"Stay tuned" for a Cancer Corvette-developed Corsa Ti "upgrade"... :thumb:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've Had The Corsa Titaniumswithout The Mufflers On My 02 Z For 2 1/2 Years And 20,000 Mi. I Could'nt Be More Pleased. They Have Small Resonators - Very Small - But They Work - I Should Mention That I Added Breathless Stepped Long Tube Headers And Dyno Tune With Cold Air Etc - It Sounds Super - I Would Prefer Just Exhausting Straight Out Of The Header But Sometimes I Have To Speak To Someone Outside The Car - Just Do It - Don't Be Afraid - You Can Always Wimp Out And Add The Mufflers After Your Lover Refuses You Advances - Afterward Just Bolt Them Back On

1 - 10 of 10 Posts