Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple months ago I purchased a Corsa Ti street system from a forum member from Las Vegas and got a great deal BTW. Finally got around to putting it on this weekend which was a major task due to the fact that it came off a car that has FLP headers on it and I have Dynatech's. To make a long story short, I had to eliminate the Center Tunnel mufflers that came with the kit, it was either put those on and eliminate the H-pipe, or install the H-pipe and forget about the center mufflers. I chose to use the h-pipe and used 2 pieces of 2.5" Al exhaust pipe in their place. I did not want to cut up any of my Dynatech/GHL exhaust as I plan on putting the GHL's back on after the summer race season and the fest trip.
The car sounds awesome with this exhaust. It has a nasty idle and sounds like open headers at wot. I took a couple of pics and a few Quicktime vids and sent them to
a friend who I hope will post them for me. I can tell you all this: I won't be sneaking up on anyone with this exhaust!
It is frikkin loud as any I have heard and ALOT louder than my other system. I did also gut the cats which make it that much louder. (they make great collector extensions BTW)
One good thing about this set-up is that it doesn't resonate, its just very loud! I am going to get a partition
before the fest trip though, just so I can hear the stereo! LOL
I did install a coated AL tunnel stiffener while I had the exhaust off,,,,,car feels noticeably tighter. Lovin every minute of it! :yeadog:

Jim

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Awesome...can't wait to hear it at the Fest! :guiness:

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
The full Ti system makes for a really "exotic" sound, I totally love mine.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Sounds like it will be toll booth operators beware !!!

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
I think the Fest is going to defiantely leave an impression on Bowling Green this year!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts