Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have B&B Bullets and love them, but if money wasn't an issue I would have purchased Corsa Titanium instead. I now have an opportunity to purchase the entire exhaust system from a Z06, manifolds back, that was equipped with the Corsa Ti. I have a few questions though. Corvette garage has sound-clips of the system at this address:

http://www.corvettegarage.com/product/Corsa-Z-Titanium-Exhaust-System-for-C5-and-Z06-Corvette.html

Can anyone tell whether these clips are with or without the muffler attachments?

Also, is the titanium the cause for the high pitch sound the exhaust makes as compared to other loud exhausts, like Stingers or Bullets, or is it the muffler design?

The system has the mufflers, but not the straight pipe attachments. If I have a set made out of steel, will it change the sound, or will it still sound pretty much the same since the rest of the piping is still made out of titanium?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I have the Corsa Ti system on my car and I have ran it with and without the mufflers. I also ran it with and without the cats. If you install it without the cats and mufflers you will love the sound for about one day as the sound is deafening. I installed the mufflers to knock down the sound but it was still loud, helped a little. I have R/T cats installed now and it helped a little but not much. I don't know anyting about using stainless with this system. I have the Ti straight pipes. I have heard the system using the stock cats on a Z and it sounded very mellow compaired to mine.

Good Luck

D.J.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I disagree slightly...I had them on for quite a while on my 02 and loved them...I had no mufflers with the stock cats and thought they sounded sweet...They roar when you are in it but are very tolerable when you are cruising...I have heard alot louder on the street...You can always add the mufflers later if you think it's too loud...Go for it...They also picked me up 15 HPs and 15 TQ...

Greg

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Sounds like no mufflers to me...

Greg

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Greg Irvine said:
Sounds like no mufflers to me...

Greg
Yes Greg you may be right about the stock cats and no mufflers. That is a combination I couldn't try because I trashed the stock cats long ago. I have had several exhaust systems on my car starting with a PRT set, Corsa Touring, Stock Z, and now I have the Ti's and wouldn't trade them. I love the sound with the R/T cats and muffler combination. Don't get me wrong, they are loud and may not be for everyone but for me they have a sound like no other. They are very exotic.

Now are you completely confused? ;) ;)

D.J.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys! Now I just need to figure out if i'll be able to change it to no mufflers. I guess I could contact Corsa and ask if they'll sell just the straight pipes that can be swapped with the mufflers. If not, I guess I'll have to have an exhaust shop make pipes out of steel and hope it doesn't take away that high-pitched exotic sound.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I have no mufflers and stock cats. It's hardly unbearable. In fact, the only time you can really here the difference from stock is when you get on it. If you buy it, Corsa would sell you the muffler deletion pipe.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MikeyB said:
If you buy it, Corsa would sell you the muffler deletion pipe.
Sweet. Hopefully I'll get a-hold of this system. Should know by the end of the week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts