Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
They tested the Z8 against a Corvette Convertable. Basically the Z8 was more Hi tech, but the Corvette was more fun to drive, faster top end, better gas milege, and for the price, why not buy a Corvette Coupe to go along with the Conv, for less dough than the Z8. Makes sense to me. Only not a coupe, but a ZO6 FRC!:D

By the way. They have the new Earnhardt Monte Carlo Special Edition at the local dealership here. I will try to get pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I wish I could have seen it. Although my SOTP puts the Z8 between the C5 vert and the Z06, my Z8 is more of a statement (long story) than anything else. For 130k you can buy/build a faster car. That is not the main purpose of the Z8. They are very rare and I was blown away buy the look of the car. NO BUYERS REMORSE HERE!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi No, maybe I'm getting you confused with someone else, but I thought you had an E46 M3 convertable to go with your Z06. As far as the Z8 goes, they are beautiful cars and very nicely appointed. Sounds like a great combo of cars too me!

Jim

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No Mercy! said:
I wish I could have seen it. Although my SOTP puts the Z8 between the C5 vert and the Z06, my Z8 is more of a statement (long story) than anything else. For 130k you can buy/build a faster car. That is not the main purpose of the Z8. They are very rare and I was blown away buy the look of the car. NO BUYERS REMORSE HERE!! :lol: :lol:
I agree . ( And what a statement it makes!)If I could afford one, there would be one in the garage parked next to Z instead of my Miata. ;)

·
Registered
523 Posts
No Mercy,I often chat with C5 Pewter Coupe,who you knew from the service.Alittle off the subject,but I,for one was blown away by the pics you posted .A fine example of German engineering

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I saw the show yesterday. They tested these two cars in the snow!! Roads were dry but damn ... in the snow!! With the tops down no less! WTF!!

They quoted the Vette 0-60 in 5.7 and the Z8 in 4.6. Should have been closer to Z8 4.2 and Vette in 4.6 or so. I am sure they did the runs with Active handeling on in the Vette and DSC on in the Z8. That would explain the higher 0-60 numbers. The Vette did have a higher top end but that is because the Z8 has a limiter and cuts the car off at 155. A Dinan chip removes the limiter on the Z8. Actual top end is 180++ :D

The feel is similar long nose and big torqe V8 motors. The Vette (if you can call a Vett practical) is far more practical. About 1/3 the price. The Vette is much more easy to mod ... nothing in the Unitrd States is even available for the Z8. Dinan only offeres a programming chip (no extra hp) and floor mats :roll:

If I could have only one I would take the Vette ... the Z8 is even more of a toy :eek:

Jhodel, I sold the M3 for the Z8. :cheers:

Baron, :cheers:

Cvette, Tell Rex I said Aloha! :cheers:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Did anyone notice the Corvette was dirty the whole show and the Z8 was clean?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts