Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mount Panorama track in Bathurst Australia is arguably the most famous track in Australia and is host to our V8 Supercar series and many international events. The track is a street circuit most of the year and is rarely closed for non-professional events but is commonly on any Australian motor sport enthusiasts 'bucket list".

The track is classic in that it is very long (6.2km = 3.8 miles) has 23 corners and has a change in elevation of 174m (570ft).

Mount Panorama Circuit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This event was run over 5 days and was pitched directly to the club racing community. The event had over 800 cars (including 2 Corvettes and 160 Porsches) attend and compete.

This was taken on my first practice while learning the track. Subsequent competitive runs while having higher speeds (5th gear on Conrod @ 241kmh = 150mph) were slower laps due to traffic.

YouTube - 2:47s lap of Bathurst Mt Panorama in a 2001 Corvette Z06

We had a great weekend but a few Porsches came back with scratches.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice work! Good, smooth and clean lines, though you still could've gone deeper into the corners before downshifting and hitting the brakes. =P

I didn't realize they made Z06 right-side drivers?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't realize they made Z06 right-side drivers?
GM don't! To be a Corvette enthusiast in Australia requires a 3-4 month LHD to RHD (and quite expensive) conversion before any relatively modern car can be road registered.

·
9,755 Posts
Thanks for that! What an awesome track. I'll bet it makes your throttle foot a little lighter the first few times you see those walls (which look very unforgiving). Nice job :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
That looks like a great track, what a day it must have been...

Mark

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Great video! :thumb: Awesome track, however, not much room for runoff and then you hit concrete. :eek2:

Hey, you're driving on the wrong side of the car. :lol::lol::lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts