Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the oct. 2003 edition page 122 last paragraph says the 2002 Z06 got a thicker front anti-say bar, i thought 01 to 04 were all the same. my 01 is 30mm front 24mm rear.also a modified steering rack that reduced turning radius by about two feet.nowhere else have i read this.fact or fiction?

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
dennisZ06 said:
the oct. 2003 edition page 122 last paragraph says the 2002 Z06 got a thicker front anti-say bar, i thought 01 to 04 were all the same. my 01 is 30mm front 24mm rear.also a modified steering rack that reduced turning radius by about two feet.nowhere else have i read this.fact or fiction?
As far as the turning radius goes, our cars(01s) turn 2.42 lock to lock, 02's are 2.66 turns lock to lock. Little extra travel in the rack gave it a tighter turning radius.

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/z06/

·
Registered
32 Posts
01-04 have the same bars. Read it again and you will see. The only thing new is the shock valving.

Suspension Upgrades
The Z06-specific FE4 High-Performance suspension system features a larger front stabilizer bar, a stiffer rear leaf spring and specific camber settings - all calibrated for maximum control during high-speed operation. The 2002 model year Z06 also has new rear shock valving for a more controlled ride.

Although retaining the same design and color finish, the unique aluminum Z06 wheels are now produced using a cast rather than a forged process. The magnesium wheel option for Coupes and Convertibles is no longer available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts