Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front clip on my Z06 is cracked underneath and the rocker panels and brake vent trim got beat up as well as a cross brace under the car (one of those "glued" to the underbelly panels) being bent a little. I'm looking for a non-dealer body shop.

TIA...

·
Registered
940 Posts
I know of 2 places. First one is Jesses body shop on Greenfield in El Cajon and the second one is Autoworks on Mission Gorge in Santee where the 52 off ramp connects to Mission Gorge.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'll second that, I have had both Jesse and Phil do work for me over the years and have not been disappointed with the end results

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I found Jesse's. Is this the correct Autoworks?

Elizalde's Auto Works
10223 Mast Blvd
(619) 449-8985

·
Registered
194 Posts
No!!! Phil Thereals new shop is right as you exit Hiway 52 on to Mission Gorge road when your coming off the 52 as you entering Santee, from the stop light at Mission Gorge you can see the shop and drive right into the business. This is mainly a Beamer shop but they do work on Corvettes and do a great job and watch out for your can while there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Steve,

I've used Jesse Mendez on Greenfield before. I was happy with the work. It a bit of a hole in the wall place but they do good work.

What happend to the Z06? An off road trip?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, again, RoHo. You too, Brandon.

Hey, Ken. Yup, off road. Aarrgghh. You have mail.

I may have had a Ducati fender painted by Jesse, oh, about a million years ago. ;) If I have the right guy he was painting a friend's bike which was the same color as mine so he had the paint available.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Brandon, Well, there were about 15 for a small car show at Dalton's road house in San Marcos on July 4th thanks to a fellow forum member setting it up. We usually get 5-8 at each SCCA autocross event at the stadium (same forum member and wife are regular competitors there.)

Official site: www.sdr-scca.com
Unofficial forums: www.sdsolo.com

-Steve

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RoHo said:
No!!! Phil Thereals new shop is right as you exit Hiway 52 on to Mission Gorge road when your coming off the 52 as you entering Santee, from the stop light at Mission Gorge you can see the shop and drive right into the business. This is mainly a Beamer shop but they do work on Corvettes and do a great job and watch out for your can while there.
Oh my god! Autowerks is so huge I drove right past it (I had come up 125 from 8) thinking it could not be a body shop. I got to go into the shop as they put it up on the lift. I looked underneath with the estimator so we got a much clearer idea of what is messe up. Awesome facility. The owner is into bikes as well so we had a little chat about Ducatis.

And Jessie Mendez's (notice spelling of 1st name) shop is not the one I was thinking of.

Thanks again, guys.

-Steve

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ken, I have not decided yet. I need to compare the details of the quotes.

RoHo said:
Was that your red Vette parked out front today?
No, mine is blue.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Bimota, have you talk to some performance shops around here to see maybe they know of some good body shops? Larry at the Vette Shop has been around for years and may have some insight on a good body shop. Here is his number 1-858-277-8388. Goodluck, Brandon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts