Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend with an early 90's Corvette who told me he has Classic car insurance and he pays very little. He told me the catch is he can only put either 5 or 6k miles a year on it, I dont remember for sure. He told me every Corvette is considered a classic or something like that and you can get this insurance on any Vette.

Now he told me this a long time ago before I would have ever thought about buying a vette so I will try to get in touch with him and get some more info. Have any of you guys/gals heard of something like this?

Thanks in advance,

Tommy

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
No deals for me....

I checked with several companies that insure collector, exotic, and classics. They of course limit you to 3 and 5 k a year, wanted the car garaged and were no cheaper than my policy with Nationwide on the Z or Viper
:cheers: :cheers:

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Depending on who the carrier is it may or may not be cheaper. I have this type of insurance on my '90 Mustang (yeah, I know some of you guys think they're all Rustangs...not mine...you'd be shocked at what it appraised at). I did this b/c it's worth a LOT more than book value which is all most insurance companies will give you in case of a catastrophe.

In the case of a really new car, this specialty type insurance may not help you much. Market value in case of an accident is easily established.

However, you still may want to look into it to save money (not to get better coverage...which was the reasoning on my 12 yr old car).

I use Parish-Heacock. I have a stated value policy and pay very little for the excellent coverage I get. I dropped mileage limit down to 3k per year b/c that's more than I'll drive the car. Typically you can set the limit, although they will cap it at some point. They will require the car to be garaged, and will want proof of a second vehicle for daily transportation. They may demand a certified appraisal, but probably not on such a new vehicle. They will definitely want pictures (of car and the garage).

1-800-274-1804

Not affiliated with them, just a satisfied customer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts