Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked to Jake's son Brian and their FRC took 1st in the Modified/non-n02 class. This car is not even a head and cam car, just bolt-ons but because the heads were polished (not ported) they were put in with the big boys.
And he kicked ass and took names, Marc Fisher for one.
12.38 with bolt-ons on a '99 FRC.
Congrats Jake, now I wish I came down.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Tom, you mean Marc's Pewter's Coupe!

I know Marc's car and it is a mean Vette. Congrats Brian. Maybe that shifter Covette Concepts manufactors played a part in the win. Tom, like I have told you 1000 times in a month:eek: that shifter is NUMERO UNO in my book. I going to want to put 1 in my wife's MY Vert....hint .....hint....Tom. It doesn't surprise me that a Corvette Concepts car would win. FUBU69/LES

·
Registered
575 Posts
I heard some of the "big boys" broke and that there was a 12.0. Wish we could get a "full" report!
Can't believe no one was in the high 11's!!!! Maybe cause the big dogs went out!!!

Bob

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sorry Tom you made a mistake we talked to Delaneys son after the quick times were posted and than told us that they have a head and cam package in that car. They had first told us the car did not have the head and cam done so we than placed them in the modified category but after finding this out they should of be disqualified but was changed to Super Modified.

To recap Jake Delaney is running a Head and Cam Package.

I wanted to thank everyone for going out and having a great time. We wanted it to be a get together for forum and C5 registry members. We will be planning on doing it again and taking input from the racers on making it even better.

As for our car we broke another rear output shaft due to too much torque and the ones we are building will not be ready for 3 weeks.

Watch for the Corvette Fever report on this.

At the end congrats to the C3 driver Jeremy Mounts.

Thank You
Ernie
BreathlessPerformance.com

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I apoligize Ernie, when I saw Jake Thursday night at test and tune he told me the heads were just polished. I have not spoken with him since that night, this is a surprise to me.

Tom

·
Registered
154 Posts
Breathless said:
Sorry Tom you made a mistake we talked to Delaneys son after the quick times were posted and than told us that they have a head and cam package in that car. They had first told us the car did not have the head and cam done so we than placed them in the modified category but after finding this out they should of be disqualified but was changed to Super Modified.

I wanted to thank everyone for going out and having a great time. We wanted it to be a get together for forum and C5 registry members. We will be planning on doing it again and taking input from the racers on making it even better.

As for our car we broke another rear output shaft due to too much torque and the ones we are building will not be ready for 3 weeks.

Thank You
Ernie
Bummer on your car Ernie... Sux to have all that power :D

Spoke to a few friends that were there and they said it was a BLAST!!!

Hmm, I hear... Road Trip :D

Take care

·
Registered
37 Posts
Corvette Concepts Racing

Breathless said:

Thank You
Ernie
Hello Ernie and All,

I will review this situation again for all. When Brian went through tech he was asked if we have a head and cam package on the car. He replied that we did not, which is the truth. A short while later, Brian asked me my opinion of our standing. This week we installed polished heads on our 99 FRC. No valve work, springs rockers, lifters, etc., just polishing and cleaning which has not shown to be that much of a gain. I actually regret even doing the work,which was completed on Thursday for test and tune at the Drag strip. I suggested that Brian return to tech and inform them that the heads had been polished and no other work had been done. We were then placed into the head and cam class. This was all done during the test and tune portion of the event, or so we thought. The events of the afternoon proved me wrong.
Our Pewter FRC has dynoed on Ernie's equipment at 419 HP in the past. We have a very strong car and Ernie and his gang have questioned both our car and our integrity on several occasions on this matter. Any competent tuner or racer can tell a stock block car without a cam from one with a cam. I will offer Ernie or anyone else a tear down of my motor for the cost of labor and parts by a neutral company with the condition that if the motor has had more than we claim we will present Ernie with a check in the amount of $5000.00. If no internal changes have been made on our car I will expect Ernie to do the same with us for our trouble. I don't like being slammed from someone who is supposed to be such a hot tuner. If you are so hot why is it that every time we see your car the hood is up, the heads are off or the things on the trailer? Our cars, customer's car included, run clean and strong without constant tinkering. When we went to the track on Sunday for the Shootout, we brought the car, a tire gauge, and a cooler of cold drinks. We don't even carry a screwdriver. To me this is the best part of our performance packages.....reliability and dependability...not to mention the cost. Our car ran 12.401 without the heads being polished...it ran 12.385 at the shootout. We were as fast as the fastest Viper, faster than all the stock block Corvettes, and faster than ALL the head and cam Corvettes not running nitrous. I'm sure we even beat many nitrous cars during the day. Not bad for a car with less than $7000.00 in performance work done.
Now let's discuss the Breathless Shootout. We expected to be running head to head in a shoot out...we were called to a driver's meeting about 3:30 after most of us retired to cool our car's for the final shootout at around 12:30 or so. We were surprised to see just a few cars, all Breathless built I believe, to continue to run after virtually everyone else stopped. Now we know why...At the driver's meeting we were told that they were using the test runs to award the trophies...the crowd murmured in disbelief. We had all expected to run again for the trophies. None of the spectators were even at the driver's meeting after waiting all day to see the racing. Was this a lack of planning? We were also surprised when Brian was matched in the King of the Hill bracket race against a 10 second C4 drag car sponsored by Breathless that was trailered in for the event. The real surprise was when Brian inched out the dragster at the finish line for the win! We did have a good time at the Shoot out and we'll sponsor one ourselves in the near future. Congrats to all the super fast Corvettes! Marc's Bat Out of Hell looked good and ran a strong 12.44!

So to recap, Jake Delaney is NOT running a head and cam package, but he is running one heck of a fast C5 that came away from the Shootout looking pretty special.

Although we hadn't planned on bringing our 99 Pewter car to Eckler's next Saturday, we will.....this way everyone can look at the car and hear it run....we'll even put it on Breathless' dyno to check out the horsepower.....don't worry Ernie, we'll pay for the dyno run, or would you rather just deduct it from the $5000.00 check?! :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sorry to say Jake but we asked Brian if you had head or cam work done and he flat out sad No. It then came to our attention that most all drivers in the Modified category had a complaint about your vehicle. You can try to fool most but we are a pro tuner and know exactly how fast you should be going. Keith with Corvette Connections confronted your son and explained the complaint by the other racers. He asked you again if you had head or cam work which he then broke down to say that the car had some polishing work on the heads done. When your are asked at an event by a tech about your mods you should as a tuner answer honestly. Now you are telling me that is all you did but are we to believe you again? You should of been disqualified like the others wanted but we let you race in the next category. As far as times go through our calculations, input for other racers with normally consistent times and the 16mph headwind, 86 temp times at this event would be 2 to 3 tenths slower than normal. That would put you as a record holder for a modified car with no internals done on a non-Z06. Please do not try to fool us. Lingenfelter, Mallet, Agostino Racing and Texas Motor Sports would back us on this.

Your car ran good and I will not take that away from you but you are very arrogant to come to a private event we sponsored for fun for all corvettes and tuners and bash us, the racers and the event. You were even told that this was not a vender event and asked not to display your products or catalog but still did so under your hood. Next time if you are so dissatisfied with our event you need not attend.

We took time and effort to put together this event not counting the expense which we will be luckily to break even after all the cost are in. We wanted this to be fun for both first timers and the pros to enjoy their cars at a private event and meet each other face to face not just over the Internet. We will take feedback for all the racers on making this event even better next time.

We are planning on doing this again around Feb or March.

As for all the racers and spectators thank you again....

For all those interested in providing some feed back for the next event please call me personally in the office.

Thank You
Ernie

·
Registered
37 Posts
Breathless said:
Sorry to say Jake but we asked Brian if you had head or cam work done and he flat out sad No. It then came to our attention that most all drivers in the Modified category had a complaint about your vehicle. You can try to fool most but we are a pro tuner and know exactly how fast you should be going. Keith with Corvette Connections confronted your son and explained the complaint by the other racers. He asked you again if you had head or cam work which he then broke down to say that the car had some polishing work on the heads done. When your are asked at an event by a tech about your mods you should as a tuner answer honestly. Now you are telling me that is all you did but are we to believe you again? You should of been disqualified like the others wanted but we let you race in the next category. As far as times go through our calculations, input for other racers with normally consistent times and the 16mph headwind, 86 temp times at this event would be 2 to 3 tenths slower than normal. That would put you as a record holder for a modified car with no internals done on a non-Z06. Please do not try to fool us. Lingenfelter, Mallet, Agostino Racing and Texas Motor Sports would back us on this.

Your car ran good and I will not take that away from you but you are very arrogant to come to a private event we sponsored for fun for all corvettes and tuners and bash us, the racers and the event. You were even told that this was not a vender event and asked not to display your products or catalog but still did so under your hood. Next time if you are so dissatisfied with our event you need not attend.

We took time and effort to put together this event not counting the expense which we will be luckily to break even after all the cost are in. We wanted this to be fun for both first timers and the pros to enjoy their cars at a private event and meet each other face to face not just over the Internet. We will take feedback for all the racers on making this event even better next time.

We are planning on doing this again around Feb or March.

As for all the racers and spectators thank you again....

For all those interested in providing some feed back for the next event please call me personally in the office.

Thank You
Ernie
Dear Ernie,
Here we go again......Brian's answer was correct...the question was asked "Do you have a head and cam package?" We DO NOT have a head and cam package in our car.....we have polished heads..period! As for the rest of the driver's complaining, how is it that none of them said anything to us? Could it be just your head and cam guys complaining? They should complain if we beat them after having you do work...you should be happy we're not doing head and cam cars regularly....we'd be really laying a whipping on you. We voluntarily approached your tech person and told him we had polished the heads...don't make this appear we were "caught" with a package. That is the furthest from the truth. One thing you will find Ernie, is that I am honest and truthful and I don't like being accused of something I haven't done. Your accusations are incorrect and insulting. You come across as speaking for Lingenfelter, Mallet, etc...I doubt that they would want you to use their name when you are accusing someone of cheating...... If you would like to qoute someone that's fine, but be sure to post their name and e mail address so that it can be verified.
I appreciate you naming us as the world record holder for non Z06 cars....and imagine how fast we would have gone without the wind and the temperature? I was actually a little disappointed with the times we were turning, but now I feel better that you've explained it.
My offer stands....if you think I'm lying or cheating, step up and put your 5 grand on the table...I'll even let you choose the tuner to pull my motor apart if you'd like......while it's apart I may just slip a cam in it and go even faster....or maybe I'll put my stock heads back on and still run 12.401 as I have in the past. You should read your own posts prior to sending them...now you are accusing me of bashing you when you come on and tell TomFRC that he's wrong and I lied. You qoute me as saying I have a head and cam car......I don't have a head and cam...the offer still stands....I do have $5000.00 to prove it....put up or shut up Ernie.....your embarrassing all of us with your poor sportsmanship.

·
Registered
37 Posts
FRC Tom said:
I apoligize Ernie, when I saw Jake Thursday night at test and tune he told me the heads were just polished. I have not spoken with him since that night, this is a surprise to me.

Tom
No need to apologize to Ernie or anyone else, Tom.....you have followed my performance mods for some time....my car is exactly as I have stated it to be....polished heads...NO cam.....Ernie just can't accept the facts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cape Cod Bob said:
I heard some of the "big boys" broke and that there was a 12.0. Wish we could get a "full" report!
Can't believe no one was in the high 11's!!!! Maybe cause the big dogs went out!!!

Bob
Hi Bob,
It was a good day....got a little long waiting for the shoot out that didn't take place...they used our test runs as the final results and then did bracket racing for the finals. Ron from Pro Auto Tech ran a strong 12.00 sans nitrous...really strong, but broke an axle or something similar....many nice clean, fast cars and a lot of good folks. If it weren't for the $150.00 I paid to get in, I'd like to do it again next weekend! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is here... How are those times so unbelievable? I ran Sunday at the shootout in my heads/cam no nitrous F-Body and came away with the second fastest overall time of the day with an [email protected] Why is a 12.4 for an essentially bolt-on car so hard to swallow? Heck, I ran [email protected] when I was bolt-on only in perfect weather. That sounds pretty close to you guys in my book. Sounds to me like you guys are well on your way to a very STOUT setup once you go internal.

Congratulations on the class win! Your hard work has obviously paid off.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Please do not change the subject, you were asked by Keith from Corvette Connection if you had any head or cam mods. Your son then answered NO. No in my book means No. You then changed your mind after he asked you again that means you lied. Very simple you should of been disquilified, but instead moved you to the next catagory which if you do not understand is anyone that even removes and replaces the heads.

Thank You
Ernie

·
Registered
37 Posts
Joe99SS said:
I don't see what the big deal is here... How are those times so unbelievable? I ran Sunday at the shootout in my heads/cam no nitrous F-Body and came away with the second fastest overall time of the day with an [email protected] Why is a 12.4 for an essentially bolt-on car so hard to swallow? Heck, I ran [email protected] when I was bolt-on only in perfect weather. That sounds pretty close to you guys in my book. Sounds to me like you guys are well on your way to a very STOUT setup once you go internal.

Congratulations on the class win! Your hard work has obviously paid off.
Hi Joey,
I don't get it myself....a 12.38 is less than we expected on the car......I think we have the capability of much better times with a few more mods we're working on...maybe next time I'll run high test gas!:lol:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Jake why is your company car the only car with the Mongoose package that is supposed to be with no head work running 12.00 weather conditions calculated?

How do you have 415 flywheel and other cars not from BPP with 480HP running the same?

Hard to explain?

405 HP Z06 with a better tranmission, lighter and a Donaldson filter and more runs the best of 12.57 By the way the Z06 with these mods make about 426 HP.

Ernie

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.