Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, the 250meg MPEG of the show is on the newsgroups in alt.binaries.multimedia

Get it fast, it'll be gone in 2 days or less!

JC

M

·
0 Posts

On 2001-06-02 03:08, N4C5S spewed forth this drivel:
That's the group....nothing after that....

JC
Can you assist in getting a NNTP server identifed that I would use with RoadRunner, a cable modem setup. I'm using Outlook Express for mail...TIA!

Mark

·
Registered
201 Posts
Most of your free news servers, em, suck. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'd pay the extra $10-$20/month, and subscribe to a premium news provider.. You can easily find enough stuff out there to justify the costs.. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

alt.binaries.images
alt.binaries.multimedia.erotica /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Take a look at usenetserver.com .. They rock..

(Sorry if this goes against advertising regs, etc.. It's non-auto related, so I'm taking my chances.. hehe)

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I find that RoadRunner has great news servers...If you have cable or DSL call your provider and ask them what the address is to your news server.

Or look in the member area of your proviers site...

JC

M

·
0 Posts

On 2001-06-02 13:06, N4C5S spewed forth this drivel:
I find that RoadRunner has great news servers...If you have cable or DSL call your provider and ask them what the address is to your news server.

Or look in the member area of your proviers site...

JC
thanks...I'm on now...but there are SEVERAL listings for alt.binaries.multimedia...how do I know which one it is?

TIA

Mark

·
Registered
0 Posts
Mark, I couldn't find it either. If someone could post the date and time of the entry, it would make it easier to find.

Frank

·
Registered
201 Posts
First, here's a header from one of the parts of the post:

Path: e420r-sjo3.usenetserver.com!e420r-sjo4.usenetserver.com!cyclone2.usenetserver.com!news-out.usenetserver.com!easynews!news.easynews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
Sender: [email protected]
Newsgroups: alt.binaries.multimedia
Subject: !American Muscle - Corvette Edition 15 of 17 - [divx]am-ce.r14
X-Newsposter: NNTP POWER-POST 2000 (Build 24c) - net-toys.8k.com
Lines: 10002
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-Complaints-To: [email protected]
Organization: EasyNews, UseNet made Easy! - Test our service with our FREE trial at https://www.easynews.com/trial/trial.phtml
X-Complaints-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly.
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 04:55:34 GMT
Xref: e420r-sjo4.usenetserver.com alt.binaries.multimedia:7792021

Second, the reason why you aren't seeing this is because most non-premium usenet providers do not have NEAR the retention that the big boys in this arena have.. You would not believe how much disk space is needed just for a day's worth of news (with all those alt.binaries groups..) My current guess would be a terrabyte a day.. It's probably more, tho.

So, what the little usenet providers do is just hold stuff for 24-36 hours, and then purge to make room for the new..

And, I saw someone a couple posts up in the thread ask about the group again.. It's alt.binaries.multimedia .. That's it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts