Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just my personal opinion:

I think we should remain true to our concept. The definitive Forum for Z06 information. I have a couple of Aces in the hole.
I'm going to make a few contacts to see if we can spice this up a bit. This place sould be THE best place on the web for Z06's.

Growing my Kahonies back!!
We aren't done!! Look how this place has grown in just a week and a half. Mess with the bull and ya get the horn!! LOL

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dont give in JC!, its obvious CF has felt our power by adding the ZO6 section they didnt even want. i dont even really go there that much anymore, its to big, takes to long load due to all the marketing spam that now exists there , and has alot of useless repeated posts, they are just pissed that they dont have as many people going over there anymore. What they are doing is trying to eliminate us, if we all stick together we can endure, and it is in my opinion that if we have a general C5 section it will be the death of this site, PLEASE DONT GIVE IN!, we have something special here which is something they will never have, and they know it, that is why all of a sudden they have a ZO6 section again. I and others have been asking that site for a chat room for over a year, nothing happened, we have one here along with better overall features and a more intimate flame free environment, which obviously threatens them, if you give in , they have won.
Finally... I'm sorry I have to be blunt and tell it like it is , CF recent actions are a DICKHEAD MOVE! That place has become totally coorporate.

------------------
Dave Zehak
2001 Black ZO6
Best 1/4(so far) 12.5 at 112
"Mods"
B&M Ripper Shifter
RM racing Nitrous(not installed yet)
"Previous Vettes
1985 white Corvette coupe(auto)
1998 Silver Corvette coupe (M-6)
2000 NBM Corvette Coupe (M-6)

·
Registered
109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Finally... I'm sorry I have to be blunt and tell it like it is , CF recent actions are a DICKHEAD MOVE! That place has become totally coorporate.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave Zehak - My Hero! Never one to mince words, just tells it like it is!!!

------------------
2001 Z06, Tag "EVIL Z06"
Torch red, solid black interior
!CAGS !BSM
NGK TR6 plugs & Taylor wires
Halltech Z06 TRIC + MAG
NX 150hp Wet Kit

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dave;

I'll add my $.02 here. I was recently flammed on a tech post over there. It's not really the place like it use to be.

Lots of pissing and moaning over there. I like to visit the OTHER forum and it is run very well like this place.

I just have a feeling that that place over there has become a money-making machine for the vendors.

------------------
Todd
99 C5 Hardtop
Mokena, IL

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Well, so be it I guess. If I add the C5 section then I guess that just makes me just as bad.

We'll stay Z06, even if it means our demise.

Let the fun begin....

JC

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thank you JC, and dont sound so down, leaving this ZO6 only will not be our demise, it will be our strength.
Todd, I totally agree with you , that forum is now out to just promote vendors, why do you think none of them are here?, its because the already have their marketing machine.

------------------
Dave Zehak
2001 Black ZO6
Best 1/4(so far) 12.5 at 112
"Mods"
B&M Ripper Shifter
RM racing Nitrous(not installed yet)
"Previous Vettes
1985 white Corvette coupe(auto)
1998 Silver Corvette coupe (M-6)
2000 NBM Corvette Coupe (M-6)

[This message has been edited by DaveZehak (edited 01-24-2001).]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Glad to hear we are staying Z06 only, JC. While I have always and will always like corvettes, I was very tired of the Z06 bashing over at CF.

It's kind of weird, I had been lurking on CF for only about a year, then began posting when I got my Z06 in September '00. Since just September, the feel of CF has done a serious nosedive.

And, just recently, what is with those stars...?

------------------
-derek Z06 Black/Mod.Torch

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Frank and I talked a little about the Forums yesterday.
I have only been back over to the CF just a few times since the Z06Forum.
I am here to stay.

------------------
Tom
Quicksilver/Red Z06
Corsa Indy, B&M Ripper, Corvette Concepts Ram Air Induction

www.c5frc.com

G

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BOBSZO6:
Very interesting!
We have some competition now.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How? This is a narrowcast sight where all pertains to a particular RPO. I have an FRC and frequent both sites, but find more of direct interest to my preferences here.

There wasn't a good consensus to add other than Z06 sections, which is good. I have an FRC and come here. Following any forum only happens if the folks coming there get something out of it. I don't read kill sections other than to laugh, don't read group purchase stuff and like my info straight with no chaser... I'm not always looking to buy something so I'm rarely interested in being bombarded with offers to sell me something.

I like the ethos here so far. Who you want to draw and how many is up to the owner. Whether anyone continues has to do with it's value to them.

It's y'alls group guys... decide who ya want to "belong" and why, and who you don't want and why... This stuff isn't that difficult if you step back and cooly look at it.

what do I know? I don't own a Z06<G>
1fastdog

------------------

·
Registered
117 Posts
Keep up the good work. Now the difference between the two sites will be evident in the quality of the posts, lack of vendor spam, deletion of trolls, dedication of the moderators, and possibly a better tips section here?

How about an archived tips section. If someone posts a good tip or procedure, others could simply reply with:

"THIS WORKED GREAT ON MY CAR, I NOMINATE THIS FOR THE TIPS SECTION"

The tips section on corvetteforum is a joke.

------------------
2001 Z06
Quicksilver
Museum Delivery
Thanks Tom Rogers
Top Speed so far 170 (at old airport)

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Good perspective dog. We've decided to stay with the Z06 to the end. Though if we have no objection, I might add an FRC section since it is a very close relative of the Z.

I think we have what we want. I think it was just a question of why could both sites not have mutual links to each other rather than a competition for users.

Ahh...

JC

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey JC,this brings up an interesting problem. With the General making less than 20 percent of 2001 production being Z06 's,we only have approx.5000 cars or so from which to draw.

This limits the likely Z06 membership. I really would like to see this site remain open. Prehaps we need a list of possible options to consider?
I have been in the "chat room",and that should grow! Other sugestions, add FRC section....and maybe focus on racing your corvette.
Now's the time to consider OPTIONS.

Best Regards,
Trumper

------------------

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Let's not be too hasty to bash vendors. You guys all know that I'm very strict when it comes to vendor posting but 99% of these vendors are good people who use the resources available to them to sell their products.

We have several vendors on board but they have a set of ground rules to abide by. If you look at http://www.z06vette.com you'll notice that I changed the intro message. One of the sections of the main site will be just for vendors and product reviews.

We all need parts, we need info on those parts, we just don't want it rammed down our throats. I think the vendors here have done very well so far. If you're interested in a product, you hop over to the Product section. Out of the way, yet easily in reach.

I think its a win/win situation.

JC

G

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by trumperZ06:
Prehaps we need a list of possible options to consider?
I have been in the "chat room",and that should grow! Other sugestions, add FRC section....and maybe focus on racing your corvette.
Now's the time to consider OPTIONS.

Best Regards,
Trumper

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grassroots racing, like SCCA T-1, should be dominated by Z06's or LS6 engined '99 & '00 FRC's. I think the Racing section elsewhere is kind of a red headed stepchild without much action. Roadracers have a good feel for what will crossover to the street, particularly braking, handling, and corner exit improvement...

The chat can grow, even faster if on accasion there's a set get together time that works for all time zones.

Keep it going and improving. I've turned some other Corvette fans at work on to this place and they say the enjoy it so far.

As much as I'd love an FRC section, the consensus should be there that it will add to the value of the place. I personally think it would... like I said, what do I know?

1fastdog

------------------

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1fastdog:
As much as I'd love an FRC section, the consensus should be there that it will add to the value of the place. I personally think it would... like I said, what do I know?

1fastdog

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dog,

Pharoah has spoken!! "So it has been spoken!! So it shall be done!!" LMAO

Buddy, ya got your FRC section!!

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
457 Posts
FHC = 6 speed,light weight.....track version of the C-5

About Time

JMHO

------------------

[This message has been edited by trumperZ06 (edited 01-24-2001).]

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
JC,

You are doing one hell of a job! Thank You. I will continue to tune in here first and foremost and I, for one, will support any vendor that is supporting this site!

As Trumper mentioned, The chat room is BOSS (not a reference to a Mustang
)Maybe we need to change that accolade to something more Corvette like ... say Titanium LOL or Ti...t Ooops never mind.

------------------
T/R Z06 with Red/Black Interior.
Waiting on Halltech Titanium TRIC, Red Kevlar/Black CF Magic

1 - 20 of 50 Posts