Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Very cool, really looking forward to seeing them racing other manufacturers...

·
Premium Member
74 Posts

Perfect day for racing. I think they were keeping alot in reserve.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
2nd and 4th
corvetteracing.com

·
Registered
943 Posts
Way to go! First run and just 0.2 off the winner..Can't wait to see it live at Road America next week! GT2 is looking to be the best show in town.

Go Chevy
Go USA

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Did anyone get to meet Dan? (He played the National Anthem)
What a TOOL!

Complete waste of *****

He was signing autographs during the mandatory ALMS signing period. My wife saw him, asked if he was a driver, I said "I hope not". IMSA and ALMS should be apologizing for that a-hole, not Mid Ohio.

·
21,321 Posts
I watched the race on NBC and the Corvette coverage really sucked. Too much emphasis on the prototypes than the production classes. But, all in all it was great to watch Corvette do so well. It seems Team Corvette and Pratt and Miller are a well oiled machine.

Also, about holding back...I don't know if they we're holding back. That's not the nature of a race team to keep something in reserve. Of course, there is always the worry that ALMS will add some weight or place and added restriction on your vehicle if you do too well.

It won't be long before Team Corvette will be 1 and 2 on the podium! :gjob:

·
9,755 Posts
Pretty impressive for their first time out, although I expected them to do well right off the bat due to their extensive experience in GT1. I think they probably learned a few things during their GT1 years :D

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Ummmm....what happened?
He attempted the National Anthem, ala Jimi Hendrix. Poorly. Very Poorly. So poorly, that when the PA had issues during the song, and it stopped playback(but we could still see him playing on the jumbotron), the crowd cheered.

Just imagine this guy in a sleeveless driving suit.

It was the wrong crowd for his style of play

1 - 20 of 40 Posts