Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I have read the C5 is painted with water based paint.
Who makes it what is the trade name and where can you buy it.

Thanks
Sabot

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
DuPont is the paint manufacturer. Any Auto paint store can get you factory packed paint. :z:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I would use Chroma Premier, (Dupont) base coat clear coat for a repair or an overall. PPG makes good paint also. Use the best clear coat you can buy. Color sand/buff for a mirror finish. Both are solvent based material I believe.

D.J.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
weevil said:
no way it is water-based , it is enamel or lacquer
See that is just it, I have read numerous posts that claim that it is water based and I'm trying to find not the equivalent paint but the same paint that they use at the factory.

I am really surprised no one knows.

Sabot

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Sabot said:
See that is just it, I have read numerous posts that claim that it is water based and I'm trying to find not the equivalent paint but the same paint that they use at the factory.

I am really surprised no one knows.

Sabot
Sabot,

I guess I thought you were looking for repair paint. A least that's the way it sounded to me. I think you are right and it is water born low VOC, (volatile organic compound or something like that, not a chemist) Paint but can't say for sure as I have never been to the factory and looked at the supply drums. A quick call to the factory on Monday could clear things up.
D.J.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
weevil said:
no way it is waterbased , it is enamel or lacquer
Sorry it's waterbased enamel :yeadog:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts