Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you Gurus had any experience buying from Corvette Palace in Austin, TX? I am considering a "normal C4 or C5 Vette" as a daily driver and they seem to have a nice inventory...

Thanks for the input...

VIPER EATER

·
Registered
373 Posts
A buddy of mine bought from them. He goes by C5aig on here and other forums. I think he is/was pretty happy with his experience.

They typically deal in very clean and low miles cars.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Been in there a few times.. Deals in clean cars. Have talked with a few people that have bought and sold them cars without problems or complaints.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Corvette Palace deals with only the best vettes. However, you will pay a much higher premium for those clean cars though. As he is not very flexible on price(1K-2K max). I kid you not, i once saw a Z06 there with 2000 miles that looked cleaner than new! I dont understand how he got it to that condition but i still wonder how a used car can be cleaner than a new one.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Here's what I know. The owner only carrys the best condition and lowest mileage vettes that he can find. He purchases them from all over the U.S. and brings them here to sell. Most of the vette owners that I know here in town would never buy a vette from him though. Rumor has it that he is difficiult to deal with and will not budge on his prices. I have been there a couple of times, but only to look. I do agree with the other post about his cars being absolutely immaculate. Just my .02

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have done business with Corvette Palace on two different occasions. My current car is from them. My experiences were all positive. You will pay a bit of a premium for a low mileage car, but you can also look for one with more mileage. They are not real flexible on their pricing but their inventory is high quality.

I never had any attitude problem and they always treated me with mutual respect. I would not hesitate to shop there again.

Hope this helps and good luck to you.

SCS

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bought a 2002 Z06 8400 k miles MY blk int BAD ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ride my new baby.Wonderful people Bill and Shannon, Have not met a nicer couple . Take that to the bank.Went to Fredricksberg Tx today 252 mi went to San Antonio and picked up my hunting bud ,would you believe he FREAKED when he walked outside.
went to the NIMITZ Museum .Bad ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Horrible Experience...DO NOT BUY From Corv. Palace!!!

Walked into Corvette Palace last week...put down a deposit, then cancelled it one day later...this is long so get ready.

Im representing my girlfirend's family and shes getting a 03-04 ZO6. Her parents are on vacation and asked me to make the deal. So her and I went to Corv. Palace ready to buy an EB 03 ZO6

First off we (g/f and I) wanted to put a rather nice deposit on the car and come back and pick it up about 2 weeks from that day, plenty of time to get all paper work together and let them detail the car. The owner/salesman was a jerk off to us. Told us he couldnt hold a car for that long simply b/c he could have sold it in that amount of time. :mah:

Then when we told him that her parents were out of the country on a long vacation and couldn't send him all of the money right then, so he replied with "well I just sent my buddy $100K in Vegas so they could send the money if the really wanted to." Ok butthole who are you to tell a customer what they can and can not do...whatever none the less we phoned her parents and they told us to write a check.

Then we let him look over her high miles 98 C5 on trade in, on this he gave a ok trade in value and her family said just take fair market value if you can get it...done. When we go back inside to fill out paperwork he won't budge a nickel off of the $40,995 asking price for the 03 Z06 EB 9k mile car. When I ask him why his repsonse is and I quote "b/c I dont have to, I dont have to sell that car for any less. It will bring that so if I dont sell it to you then someone else will buy it, take it or leave it." What a jerk, his up-tight wife, who is doing all the typing, never even made eye contact with us the whole time. Even after we make a direct statement to her she will not even look at us harldy.

I asked my g/f right then if this is what she wanted, her being passive she said yes. So then I say ok well lets testdrive the car and hes says "oh well..uh, we dont let testdrives until the paperwork is complete, we cant just let anyone testdrive these cars." I ask him so how the hell are we supposed to know if the car is good and he says "hey buddy, I have 3 million dollars worth of inventory here and a Mercedes dealership, I only sell high quality stuff."

So they test drive the car, get back and I really look it over for the 3rd time. There is some rock chips (expected) a tear in the drivers seat (not expected) and the door sill plate is peeling up (not sure) other than that car is fine. When I pointed out the door sill he said and this is the last straw..."hey well I told you three times that I would detail the car ok, so why dont you let me do my job and then anaylize the car, if you can find anyhting wrong with then then let me know. Becuase until then we are just wasting time."

At this point I alomost got up and punched him in the mouth. For those who have met the A-Hole he is small (can we say Napolean's complex) and maybe b/c Im 6'5 he felt like pissing on me. :NoNo:

In the end we leave and Im so pissed that my neck muscles hurt. :bmad: I get on the phone will all the corvette dealers/traders in the us the next day and she calls back and cancells her deposit.

Im not what the hell he was thinking, maybe that we werent qualified buyers or what. I was in jeans and a golf shirt, she was in a skirt and nice shirt. Never judge a book buy its cover. Not to boast or brag but this girl has millionare parents, who are NOT silver spooned. They worked for evey penny they have, and are not stupid nor tolerant of arrogance...neither am I. So whatever it means to Mr. Corvette Palace he just lost a potential cash sale because his attitude sucked.

I will be calling him today or tomorrow and explainng to him about customer service and the lack there of... :flaming:

If this is the treatment you want then do not buy from Corvetter Palace. Buying a vette should be a fun experience, not a pain in the a**.

Thanks For Reading, pardon mistakes
Blake
CS, TX

1 - 9 of 9 Posts