Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw a article about this on my newest Motor trend driver :jammin:

they say to Corvette had the SS badge once back in the 60s but only as a race car or something like that ,They say for it to wear the "SS" badge it has to outpower the Z06, they say GM are looking into and It would be a Supercharged LS7 or reworked LS7 to make 550hp+ ( I cant rememver for sure)

as for my point of view, having a more powerful car then the Z06 would be bada$$, maybe more power for the straight lines, I wouldnt be able to decide on a better handler or a faster 1/4 miler ,but having the option would be great...

maybe it will never happen, the only wrong thing is they said a Wing would be a must on the corvette SS :eyes:

anyone else here about this :-? the Corvette SS that is , not the wing on a C6 :bang:

·
Registered
451 Posts
That would be cool.....the faster the better! Hopefully they got it from a realiable source......I havent been reading C&D lately......it could be all their douchebag opinions that turn me off :yeadog:

I wish they'd stick to the facts.....

CHRIS

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
awesome.

so when we get out of our 2006 3 year lease we can hop into the 1st or 2nd year SS. :D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
If they want to build a drag-oriented "SS" car, then cool. Change the weight distribution, solid axle, high stall auto, etc. If not, this will not sit well with Z06 owners and I think it would be a terrible mistake. :bmad:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quickZ said:
If they want to build a drag-oriented "SS" car, then cool. Change the weight distribution, solid axle, high stall auto, etc. If not, this will not sit well with Z06 owners and I think it would be a terrible mistake. :bmad:

I used the word for drag, they didnt, I figure it would be a diffrent kinda of vette, but not that that would happen, maybe if they made an SS as a package upgrade for the base coupe and vert, that would be bada$$, a converible Corvette SS :sneaky:

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I saw this the other day in the same mag. Cool if it happens. :coo:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SC6311 said:
That would be cool.....the faster the better! Hopefully they got it from a realiable source......I havent been reading C&D lately......it could be all their douchebag opinions that turn me off :yeadog:

I wish they'd stick to the facts.....

CHRIS
I apalogize, It was on the Motor Trend magazine Not C&D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts