Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy horsepower Batman, today's Detroit Free Press reported a GM Designers toy Corvette based on the existing car was built and shown to the press at Milan Dragway near Detroit. Unfortunately, no performance numbers were given! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Mark Reuss (executive director of engineering, operations, and special vehicles at GM design) says "I want to take what we're doing here on an enthusiasts basis and link it into the production vehicle plan." He goes on...."The idea is for GM to make all sorts of design and technical possibilities available to its customers so they can create more individualized toys of their own."

WOW, we need to do something to get Mr Reuss promoted to Chairman and CEO of GM!

I would expect an article on this in Autoweek magazine real soon.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Oh yeah...I need a toy like that!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks Zipster!! I'll be arriving in Detroit on Monday afternoon. We need to get together. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Zippy,

Where do we sign up for one..............
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
765 Posts

On 2001-08-02 13:28, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
Oh yeah...I need a toy like that!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks Zipster!! I'll be arriving in Detroit on Monday afternoon. We need to get together. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

I'd like to meet you Frank...fill me in on your plans before you leave.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Lamb,

I'll be checking into the downtown Ponchartrain /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif (shit hole) /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif around 3:00PM EST on Monday. I have all evening free. Meeting at Ford in the morning and then fly back at noon on Tuesday. Let me know.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frank, you still planning on coming over on Monday?

Lambinator: How 'bout joining us at my place? What's your beverage of choice? I already know Frank's.

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
765 Posts
Well shoot, I have a mountain biking club outing on Monday on the west side (I96 and US23), so I can't make it until later 8:30ish. Might have to make it another time. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts