Corvette Z06 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I have wanted a Vette since I was 8 years old ! Got my first one at 21 a 1980 the second one was a 94 coupe at 25 and now my ZO6 for my 31st birthday. I have bad knees so I think this will be my last 6spd.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I bought mine when I was 24. I just recently turned 25. Insurance was expensive, but not prohibitive. I had a good policy, but very reasonable rates. They are of course much nicer now.

Wait, I do have maybe a half dozen grey hairs. I guess I am a grey hair regardless of my actual age.
And I have no other car. No need for one. I bought a car to drive it - so drive it I will.

chris

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
It is most definitely the money issue! I'm planning on getting one soon, just laying down more for the down payment!!!

It's definitely the $$$

JMo

·
Registered
884 Posts
Well, people keep telling me I'm going through my mid life crisis early!. I'm 31 and they don't know what they are missing. I keep telling them I'm living! They can have their Camry & Civic!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Has to be the money

33 here and Ive taken the biggest steps possible on upgrades on my car purchases. mustang-camaro-corvette. Next step is hopefully a C6 Z06 in a couple of years that not only runs with supercars, but goes the next step. :D:D

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm 35 and I never wanted a vette. I have to admit I dont understand the "mystique" around them or those associate with any other car for that matter.

For me it was simply driving it that made me consider getting one. I wasnt fond of the look, but I didn't car since it was all about how it did what it did. Now I really appreciate the way it looks.

I will say that one of the major factors against getting it was that I always thought of it as an old guys car myself. A that is the my first thought as a midlifer purchase.

Ironically, after I got it, my 2 closest friends seem to really apprecaite it more than I did and said they always wanted one. One of them tried to explain the "why" of it to me, but it was still lost on me. Maybe I'll figure it out one of these days.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
erix said:
I'm 35 and I never wanted a vette. I have to admit I dont understand the "mystique" around them or those associate with any other car for that matter.

*" If you ever kissed and you've trembled at your knees and you think that it's caused by a chill or by a breeze ... Get your self a shovel, and dig your self a hole... There's no romance in your soul!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

*Hoosier Hotshots

J/K Bro! But I couldn't let that one go by uncommented. No offense intended! :cheers:

Dan "Who the Hell are the Hoosier Hotshots?" Farmer

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I would have to say it is the money thing. Most folks I know don't have the spare cash to go put down to buy a new Z, and they can't swing the note either.

C'mon let face it, (and this is a generalization) older folks tend to be in a better position finacially than their younger counterparts. I know there are exceptions (I am one of them). So, Vettes owners tend to get looked at as old fat guys with gold chains and a mid-life crisis.

Its too bad, but that is a common perception...

It would be interesting to look at the demographics of say, Z06 sales. Or a look at Automatic owners vs Stick owners.

I think you will tend to find that the automatic owners tend towards the older "just out to cruise" crowd. This seems to be especially evident in the convertible crowd. It seems that the stick owners are more into "driving" their cars. But those are just my observations....

Anyway, who cares what Autoweek thinks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No doubt 100% a money thing, at least for me it was. I've lusted after 'Vettes since I was 13 in the early 70's and had to literally wait until I am... yes, one of those old grey haired gents just coming in to their 60's (technically just turning 60 next month), to get my '04 Z06. People always told me I was a late bloomer... lol.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts