Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody generously ran me a carfax on a Z06 in the last few days to help me find a white Z06 that got in an accident. I finally found the car I really intend to purchase and would like to know if it's possible to get a carfax just to double-check myself.

The VIN # - 1G1YY12S215110514

Thanks anyone!

-Chris

·
Registered
165 Posts
Carfax doesnt tell you hardly anything. I work for a dealer and I can tell you first hand that carfax only tells what has been reported to insurance companies. If someone fixed the car without insurance cutting a check for the repair, it will never show up. We see this all the time. Take the car to someone knowledgable and trustworthy to look the car over if you are serious about buying a used car. Even if you spend a hundred for an inspection, it will be well worth it. We got screwed last week on a car because of so called jumping the gun and trying to make a deal from a guy who just bought a car from us and wanted a different color with only 900 miles on it. We took his car in on trade without looking at it and because the sales manager was in a hurry, he found out later the car had frame damage with a really good repair and lost 2500 selling the car at auction as a dealer in LA cannot certify a used car if there is any frame damage. Good luck and take my advise.

·
Registered
968 Posts
akanitro409 said:
Carfax doesnt tell you hardly anything. I work for a dealer and I can tell you first hand that carfax only tells what has been reported to insurance companies. If someone fixed the car without insurance cutting a check for the repair, it will never show up. We see this all the time. Take the car to someone knowledgable and trustworthy to look the car over if you are serious about buying a used car. Even if you spend a hundred for an inspection, it will be well worth it. We got screwed last week on a car because of so called jumping the gun and trying to make a deal from a guy who just bought a car from us and wanted a different color with only 900 miles on it. We took his car in on trade without looking at it and because the sales manager was in a hurry, he found out later the car had frame damage with a really good repair and lost 2500 selling the car at auction as a dealer in LA cannot certify a used car if there is any frame damage. Good luck and take my advise.
I agree 101%!!! I had a wreck with a mustang, It was never reported to carfax. My body shop says most places will NOT report to carfax!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay awesome, thanks for the advice. I do plan on traveling to check the car out, with money in hand in case I do intend to purchase it, and then also as well getting it checked out by a mechanic first hand. If it passes inspection and all at a Chevy Dealer/Professional Auto Body shop or anyone who knows about frame damage etc. down there, then...I guess it's good enough for me to buy.

·
Registered
228 Posts
BoysNightOut: You need to read my posts on your other thread about my White Z06. I am the original owner.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If a Carfax is still needed let me know..

·
Registered
228 Posts
HI: Could you run one for the white Z06 that I owned that was wrecked. I would apprecite it. 1G1YY12S315131744. I found out where the car is, but I am curious since the car was totaled what I jinks the PA dealer went through to get it from a salvaged title to a "wrecked/repaired" title. Thanks --Bob

·
Registered
228 Posts
Please?

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Undy: You have a PM! Thanx --Bob

·
Registered
271 Posts
bsteinhagen said:
Undy: You have a PM! Thanx --Bob

Carfax emailed..

·
Registered
228 Posts
Undy: Thanks. Interesting. I heard PA will take anybody's title and convert it, but I did not think it was true. To take a salvage title and convert it to a junk title and then to rebuilt title is quite a miracle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts