Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasionaly my front left tire used to make a clunking noise when i turn the steering wheel to the left. The clunk dissappeared and a grinding sound replaced it so i took it in to the dealer. They called back and said i need an alignment. I aligned my car nearly 6 months ago and i just dont see why my alignment would be screwed up. The tires dont show any signs of abnormal wear so it doesnt make sense. Should pay the dealer and have the alignment done or not? I am very skeptical. Anyone know of any good alignmetn specs for a lowered Z.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Unlike older cars, newer ones just don't get out of alignment very often. The noises you hear don't seem to be related to an alignment. JMHO.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I have to agree with Norm...clunks and grinds don't stem from an alignment problem. Personally, I'd try another dealer OR get it in to an independent front end mechanic who actually knows what he's talking about.

Charlie

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Yeah, That doesn't sound right to me either. :eek::

Have you looked around underneath the car for anything loose or with shiny metal showing? You may get a hint of whats wrong by looking around a bit.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
It could be that the alignment is out as the camber cams can wander.

Also check the front A-Arm bushings to see if they are displaced. If they are the need to be replaced....and the alignment will be off but realigning won't fix the problem.

Also clean lube and retorque the hub nut. A dirty one will cause this noise also.

Sounds like your Dealer is treating the symptoms rather than curing the problem...he needs to look a little deeper.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DJ i think you are right. I spoke to the mechanic and he said there is nothing wrong with the car. He said that they let the camber cams loose(i dont know wat that is) and that he is sure that alignmet is all i will need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts