Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, couple of questions on my new toy.

1. I thought the ZO6 (and Z51 for that matter) were supposed to have metal rear swaybar endlinks. However, both my previous '01 Z51 Coupe and my ZO6 have plastic endlinks. I thought supposedly the thicker rear bars were too stiff for plastic links?

2. When I release the parking brake on my ZO6 I can hear the cables or linkage pop or rub the bottom of the back of my car. I didn't have this with my Coupe. Is this normal or do I need to look at adjusting the cables/linkage?

Thanks.

------------------
John Kelchen
'01 Blk/Blk ZO6

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi John and welcome to the Forum.
I thought the Z06 had metal end links as well, when I get my car the first thing I am going to do is replace the shocks with Penske adjustable shocks and Hotchkis sway bars, I am so happy with my Hotchkis sway bars on my convertible. I will also get rid of the stock Goodyear F1 tires (I have had a lot of problems with Goodyear)

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome to the forum! And also welcome to the Z06 parking brake "cable chatter". My Z's parking brake is louder than my '98 coupe...can't tell you why. Be sure to depress the brake pedal when pulling and releasing the parking brake handle.

------------------
varsityZ06

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Varsity. I don't have a problem with the noise as long as I know it's normal. I didn't hear any type of noise at all when I engaged or released the brake on my Coupe so I thought this might be unusual. Guess not.

BTW, as far as the endlink question goes, I was checking out Chevy's Z06 page and it showed a picture of the rear suspension. It's kind of a small pic so it's a little hard to discern but I'm pretty sure it shows a plastic swaybar endlink. Kind of odd since I thought for sure they were supposed to be metal.

------------------
John Kelchen
'01 Blk/Blk ZO6

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had the same problem along with a knocking noise from the rear.

------------------
Dave Zehak
2001 Black ZO6
Best 1/4(so far) 12.5 at 112
"Mods"
B&M Ripper Shifter
RM racing Nitrous(not installed yet)
"Previous Vettes
1985 white Corvette coupe(auto)
1998 Silver Corvette coupe (M-6)
2000 NBM Corvette Coupe (M-6)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts