Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Well if have been following me and my posts, you know I will be getting my Z06 in a few weeks.

My question is this.....

1. I know not to let the dealer add the sealant to the paint, but is it unreasonable as far as time goes to Zaino the car right there at the dealership the day of delivery?

2. Also, is their a good buffer out there that I can use to speed up the time, or do I risk swirl marks with a powered buffer.

2a. Should I just use good old manual labor??

Thanks people,

Donovan

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I am no expert, so I called Sal Zaino before I used Zaino (for the first time) on my '99.
He gave me the most detailed and convincing instructions on how to properly treat my new baby! Used it as instructed and have been a believer ever since!

Zaino
4057 Hwy 9 N. Suite 106
Howell, NJ 07731
http://www.zainobros.com

I know this did not exactly answer your question, but hope it helps. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Donovan, I had Zaino on my car 3 days after it was built, there is no waiting with Zaino because it is a polish and not a wax. Zaino is best applied and removed by hand, it is very simple to apply and remove and your products will last longer applying them by hand. Just remember one thing with any synthetic polish product, apply VERY thin coats, your results will be better and the products will last much longer. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks for the inputs. But I still have one question I need to know.

Is it reasonable as far as time is concerned to apply Zaino right there at the dealership the day of delivery? Has anyone done this before? Or should I wait until I get home, but of course if I do that I will have to wait for the next week-end to do it.

Also, I have looked at their web sight. If I have it right I should use Z-5 then Z-2 and since it is a new car should I use the clay stuff before all of that??

Thanks,
Donovan

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Donovan, wait until you get home or the next day, one day will not make a difference. Dawn wash the car, clay the car, Dawn wash again and Z-1 and then Z-2 right over the Z-1, let them dry and remove. Remember VERY thin coats is the key, you should not need Z-5 unless the dealer washes your car and scratches it, tell your dealer not to wash the car, just remove the plastic.

·
Registered
138 Posts
No problem carl. That last order I got from you was for a friend with an '01 Navy Blue Vert. He didn't believe me about the product until I washed his car with Dawn a few times then I Z1 and Z5ed it to show him how to apply the Zaino. Now he's got two coats of Z2 over the Z5 and the car looks like a freakin' mirror. It is absolutely amazing.
His wife's Jag Vert is next.

Funny thing though. He bought his Vert from Kerbecks like I did my Z and he had swirl marks like mine, but not nearly as bad. Where are these swirl marks coming from? Kerbeck swears they don't wax the Vettes, and yet there is wax and swirl marks on the cars. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Mike, they probably have a minimum wage wash boy cleaning the cars and that is how they are scratching the finish, I would guess very rough towels. I spend a lot of time explaining to my customers that come to my home about the prep work for Zaino, or any auto care product, the results have been worth it, the people that stop by after they have a few coats on their cars make it all worth it, a driveway full of glowing Vettes is a nice site on a beautiful day. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts