Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to get some insight from other Z06 owners regarding a cover for my vehicle. I'm picking up my Z06 tomorrow night and the dealership is ordering me a factory cover which they indicate is waterproof at cost. Does anyone have any experience with the factory cover? Will it hold up to the elements with my Z06 spending some time out in the rain? I will be able to store the vehicle inside for big snows, but its the fall and spring rain as well as little snowfalls I'm hoping to protect the vehicle from to a certain degree.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Wits-Z said:
I was hoping to get some insight from other Z06 owners regarding a cover for my vehicle. I'm picking up my Z06 tomorrow night and the dealership is ordering me a factory cover which they indicate is waterproof at cost. Does anyone have any experience with the factory cover? Will it hold up to the elements with my Z06 spending some time out in the rain? I will be able to store the vehicle inside for big snows, but its the fall and spring rain as well as little snowfalls I'm hoping to protect the vehicle from to a certain degree.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Get a Covershield with Nextec encapsulated fibers. They are listed in Consumer Reports and Buying Guide as the best car cover - 100% protection from dust, rain, sunlight and they are easy to wash, fold into a very compact size, and also light weight The only downside is they are made of a parachute-like material that is hard to put on the car when its windy. I have one and love mine - about $300.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I buy mine from Ecklers. Noah fitted with mirror pockets, made by Wolf. 130.00 to 150.00 shipped (depending whether they are sale etc.) :z:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations on the Z and welcome to :z:

On covers: above note on "Covershield with Nextec encapsulated fibers" is advice worth considering. :idea:
Generally, you'll find consensus on getting a fitted cover (mirror pockets and vert/FR profile, with folks recommending Noah and Evolution 4 materials, and several sources of supply (SOS).
I have a fitted Noah, and can provide SOS on PM if you wish.
Enjoy the Ride! :jammin:

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. :cheers: I also have the Noah, no problem here.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I had the noah indoor/outdoor cover. It was a good product but personally I would not waste my money on a cover. Unless you leave your car parked out side for long periods of time I would not bother with it.

You have to ask yourself what are you really to be using it for. If you have a garage and your car is mainly parked there then why would you need one. If you get caught in the rain, say at work. Then you have to go out, take a wet cover off and put it in your car, more of a mess inside your car than anything else. Unless you store your car out side or in a place where there is a lot of debris flying around, I would not suggest buying a cover. I wouldn't buy one again.

Don

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
IT L GO said:
I buy mine from Ecklers. Noah fitted with mirror pockets, made by Wolf. 130.00 to 150.00 shipped (depending whether they are sale etc.) :z:
Be sure to fit the cover with a grommet for the antenna, It is a PITA to keep taking the antenna off & on. Welcome!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the thoughts..

2001Z06 said:
I had the noah indoor/outdoor cover. It was a good product but personally I would not waste my money on a cover. Unless you leave your car parked out side for long periods of time I would not bother with it.

You have to ask yourself what are you really to be using it for. If you have a garage and your car is mainly parked there then why would you need one. If you get caught in the rain, say at work. Then you have to go out, take a wet cover off and put it in your car, more of a mess inside your car than anything else. Unless you store your car out side or in a place where there is a lot of debris flying around, I would not suggest buying a cover. I wouldn't buy one again.

Don

My vehicle will be outside in the elements occasionally for extended periods of time. The cover would be for occasions when I was not using the vehicle for a few days, and it may be sitting outside in the rain/light snow.

Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts