Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a new one for me. Pulley on the power steering pump is loose on the shaft due to a CRACKED pulley. :( :( The wife and I took the vette out Sunday evening for a leisurely drive and when we got home I went to back into the garage and BAM the power steering went out. After checking everything out I find a cracked pulley. Pulley is only about $15 but you got to disassemble a whole bunch of stuff.

Up on stands and ready to come apart :)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Time for a Chrome one :blush:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Dang George! :eek: Glad it happened while you were backing into the garage and not at speed! :NoNo:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
22655TD said:
Takes a special puller also
I took mine on my 88 Vette off and to a Machine Shop to swap the pulley. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
there's actually one tool to pull it and another to install the pulley back on which are obviously damn similar to each other, I have both, but thats not helpin you with me in NY an you in MO....but I know the pain, its a real pain to get at.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Not so new, I'm afraid. Search and ye shall find. I had the same problem about 1 year ago. There are some aftermarket metal replacements, but they ain't cheap. You need to be extra careful pulling the pulley off the pump shaft (especially if you don't have the SST for it). The shaft is easy to damage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts