Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's got a 2007 C6Z and it broke a lifter and it's stuck in the bore, long story short the heads are off etc. Now I'm' ready to pull the cradle and get the pan off to check for metal, looking for maybe some write ups are something for a little guidance, have been doing some searching and found a few things, just looking for some expert advice. BTW of course doing this on a shop floor lol.
THANKS!

·
Registered
2 Posts
That sucks about the lifter's, I did a c5 I know there are a few changes but you need to get a cherry picker hold the motor in place with the car supported on jack stands, lift if you have it you have 4 bolts to the cradle the abs or ecbm mod is connected by 2 nuts on both sides there is both wheel hubs and brank line from the passenger side connected by the plastic containers,

You will have to unbolting the rack and pinion and the upper control arms from the frame sway bars also then the motor mounts from the bottom and loosen the 4 bolts to the engine cradle if you take it completely off it is a heavy pain in the ass to get lined back up if you end up pulling the motor make sure to support the driveshaft before you pull the motor.

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,848 Posts
Protect the top of front fenders and then use like a 2"x6" across as I show in yellow of image
strap engine to that and then use a jack stand under bellhousing

Take bolts off going through motor mounts
Then remove what is needed to drop cradle enough to get oil pan down

1 - 3 of 3 Posts